Ok... Heres our Lolly. !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
Once again, I hope these work ok. Just got her cage somewhat done. I hope it was fine to use the papertowel, we figured that since we are just potty training her, it would be less costinstead ofusing the Care fresh like we werethis way when she pottys outside her box we can easily place most of it back into the liter box and some of the papertowel soaked spots. if this is not ok... someone let me know please. thanks.

Ha. yes she is... she was chewing on everything before we even had it in the cage, hopin over and under all the paper, but of course as the photos showed, she loves the food bowl the best.

Hey there!

She is such a cutie! Her cage looks great! The paper towel and pink towel are fine as long as shes not eating/chewing them. I keep a towel in one of my buns cage, but I know some people have trouble with the bun eating the towel..which can be very dangerous.

Some good alternatives are to find a natural seaweed/hay/straw mat for the floor instead of the towel. They require less cleaning, provide great traction, and are safe for them to chew on. Also, for the litter box, I know what you mean about how the carefresh can get expensive...I use woody pet (a wood-based litter used for horse bedding) or Yesterdays News Cat Litter. Both are a lot cheaper and work much better. Also, those dog potty-training pads work great to put on the bottom of the cage in case of accidents!

Just some suggestions to help you with your new baby! Good Luck and keep us posted!

-Haley and the gang

Thanks.... she is 4 weeks, give or take a day or two. I havent noticed her chewing on the towel or papertowel, she never gets past her food bowl. ha.ha.

when I just changed her cage over... I put the Yesterdays News in the liter box and some of her droppings and a tad of the old carefresh in there, needless to say.... she went a few times last night and so I put that in the liter box, but this morning she had went everywhere......

is this something they just finally take note of and start using the liter box. ?

oh and I did see one of those grass mats, I just figured since she was so little that she maybe needed more warmth since it gets chillier in our house at night... we just cover part of her cage with a towel. but keep all the suggestions coming. mucho appreciated. ! "everyone". you guys are so friendly here.

I know... I know... Im in LOVE. ! :inlove:are rabbits just naturally affectionate. ?? Im wondering if its just cause she is little. I hope she stays this way.

Because Lolly is so young, and doesn't have anyone to show her where to go to the bathroom, she will be pretty random with using the litter box untill she matures a bit.

Just keep putting all poops in the litter box, and clean up all pee with vinegar to get rid of the smell. You can also soak up the urin with a piece of paper towell, and then put the paper towell in the litter box. This helps her to smell pee in the litter box, and then if she can't smell pee anywhere else (the vinegar will neutralize it), then she should go in the litter box.

Also, keeping a hand ful of hay in the litter box, or a hay rack over the litter box will help encourage her to go in the litter box. They like to have both ends going at the same time...

--Dawn

Ha. that is too funny. ! I did put some hay in there but we didnt get a rack to go over the liter box, suppose we should, and we are doing just that taking the wet papertowel she has peed on and putting it in the liter box. ! well def wipe down the rest with vinegar. !

anything else important I should know just in general about her. ?

Have you read some of the information in the Bunny101 section? Just about all the information you could ever need to know is in there.

You can either just put a handful in the litter box, or use a hay rack. I use the hay in the litter box method with Wildfire, and the hay rack method with my fosters. So they both work, it's just your personal preference.

--Dawn

oh yah... ive glanced and read alot. !

I figured they would soil on the hay and then eat it. guess they dont huh. ? Ill put some in there, maybe that will do the trick.

have a great day. !

She's adorable! Good luck with her! Rabbits are the greatest pets :D

Latest posts

Back