Oh when are my kid's going to break up for summer!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellissian

Reaction score
I know this is a really pointless post but i swear this has to be the longest school year EVER! :( Most of the school's here have already broke up, but not my childrens school.

The weather here, for a change is beautiful and sunny! Bet it starts raining once they finally do finish school. I'm just tired of rushing around like mad woman ironing uniform, packed lunches every morning. I want to chill and sleep late! lol

what time do you pick them up? my browser says you posted that at 9:30 am(our time, i guess:?).

i hope they get out soon, it's a bummer they have to be shut up inside a school when it's so pretty. you could just transfer them to a school that's already out:p:D:cool:!

They get out at 3.05pm. It's something to do with the amount of teacher training days theyve had this year i think. It's my son's 9th birthday today and he's never spent a birthday at school...till now :)

I was thinking that the school year was long when Steve complained of all the traffic still on monday morning! He thought they must have broken up by now... when do your kids finish for summer? I remember when I was at school we'd always be finished by now...

When they do finish here, I'm afraid for me that it means all of the town centre and the mall will be full of rude teenagers on 'heelies' EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE BANNED!!!! :X Sorry, my turn to rant there lol!

They actually break up tomorrow. All this complaining for nothing! lol But my daughter has to go to summer school till the 1st August so it won't feel like they've broke up till then really.

Holy cow, they're still in school?? Here they're almost ready to go back! My brother just left 8th grade, and they ended in the beginning of June and start again August like, 18th. I'm in college and I left like 3 days into May! Start again August 25th, yaaaaay.

So if they still haven't ended for summer, when do they start up again?

The first week in September. Kid's here get 6 weeks off for summer and a further 8 weeks off throughout the school year. That will be why we don't get as long a holiday in the summer. How old is 8th grade? Is it 12-13yrs like our year 8?

I think 8th Grade is Year 9? Not sure..

I break up tomorrow, although I technically broke up on Friday, as all my lessons are cancelled and none fo the sixth formers or teachers can be bothered!

In the UK we break up around now (usually have 3 weeks of July) we then go back in September, anything from 1st - 5th depending on how the days pan out.

Last year I broke up in June and had until September with no school because I did GCSE's next year I will have broken up my around the end of May and I don't think most foundation colleges start until a few weeks into September. Its going to be a long summer! I can't believe I only have 1 year left of 'real' school!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Oh I know - it's ridiculous!:grumpy:I don't 'technically' break up till Wednesday although I haven't really been in all that much this week.:pBecause my school is a language collage we have to do this stupid thing called 'international week' for the last 3 days of the term, however as a 6th former I just have to sit through a bunch of talks on UCAS personal statements, gap years, studying abroad, safe driving and other things too boring to mention.It's so pointless, 80% of people don't even turn up!:disgust:

Needless to say I spent this morningshopping with my best friend and then this afternoon came home and watched most of Season 1'Gavin and Stacey' (I love that show!:biggrin2:) with the bunnies,went horseriding and then gave Smokey a bath.:DTime much better spent.;)

Oh i love Gavin and Stacey too! :) Hang on i don't get this...at what age do kid's start school in the US? And what's the first year of school called? Our 1st year of school is called reception class and is for 4 and 5 year olds.

In these parts.. here is how it works for us.. here is our district.. have a gander at our calender..http://www.vidorisd.org

One of our 3 Elementary schools:

Pre-K : 4 Year Olds

Kindergarten: 5 year olds

1st Grade: 6 year olds

2nd Grade:7 year olds

3rd Grade: 8 year olds

4th Grade: 9 year olds

Middle School

5th Grade: 10 year olds

6th Grade: 11 year olds

Junior High

7th Grade: 12 year olds

8th Grade: 13 year olds

High School

9th Grade: (Also known as Freshmen or Fish) 14 year olds

10th Grade: (Also known as Sophomore's) 15 year olds

11th Grade: (AKA Junior's) 16 year old's

12th Grade: (AKA Senior's) 17-18 Year olds

Usually in each grade... its a variable age of 6 months younger than the stated age or 6 months older..so if you were a freshman.. you'd be no younger than 13.5 and no older than 14.5..

Here is how ours go:

Infants (in Primary School (Elementary) but usually at the same school as juniors)
Reception: 4-5
Year 1: 5-6
Year 2: 6-7
Year 3: 7-8

Juniors (Still in Primary School)
Year 4: 8-9
Year 5: 9-10
Year 6: 10-11

Secondary/Grammar School
Year 7: 11-12
Year 8: 12-13
Year 9: 13-14
Year 10: 14-15 (First Year GCSE)
Year 11: 15-16 (Second Year GCSE)

Compulsory education ends here! But you can carry on at school, go to college etc

Sixth Form (still called Sixth Form because our parents would have restarted in Year 1 at Year 7, so this was the 6th year, called Upper Sixth (Y13) and Lower Sixth (Y12))
Year 12: 16-17 (AS levels)
Year 13: 17-18 (A Levels)

Then college, foundation, Uni, etc if you want to!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Back