Oh no!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
Nick and Amelia were out hopping tonight. Nick is usually so well behaved, but tonight he was really into everything. Suddenly he hopped over to the Wii Fit board leaning against the tv, and started ripping the silicone cover. By the time I could stand up and get over there, he had torn a piece off (about the size of a quarter) and was chewing it furiously. I tried to grab him, but he ran into his cardboard tube (Ton o' Fun Bun Run), and managed to stay just out of reach, still chewing like crazy.

He suddenly ran back to the bunny room, and as he was going into his pen, I managed to pick him up. Jason tried to help me, but was unable to get the silicone out of Nick's mouth. Then, Nick started struggling furiously, flipped himself over, and jumped out of my arms. He was about 4 feet in the air. He landed square on all fours, but looked very shocked. He then scurried away, thumping at me like crazy.

He did come back to the living room long enough to give me the evil eye, then hopped away again. He did eat his bedtime papaya treat, and is eating a bit of hay right now.

It is now very late, and I'm exhausted from working overtime for two weeks straight, so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay up watching him.
Long day at work tomorrow again. I've got a webcam in their room, but my permissions at work don't allow me to see video.

On top of this, he is going into a shed. He has had stasis in the past during a shed.

Please keep Nick in your thoughts.

:nerves1

LOTS of fluids and canned pumpkin. He'll be fine. Odd are pretty small that it will cause trouble.

(I just discovered that Pipp likes cucumber juice. Hates cucumbers tho. Go figure).

I'll be watching Mister's poops for any sign of a slowdown or blockage as well, seeing as my idiot neighbour just gave him a cherry pit. :grumpy:

sas :bunnydance:

What a trouble maker! My guys eat stuff like that a lot, but they do have tummies of steel. I agree to push the hay and give canned pumpkin. Perhaps cut his nightly dinner ration in half, and give extra hay instead (new hay always tastes better than the stuff that's been out a day or two). I'd give Bene-Bac too. If he starts slowing down in the gut, simethicone and fluids, but I wouldn't worry about that until tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone. Nick seems ok this morning. Ate his treat, and started eating salad right away. I increased their salad today, to get a bit of extra moisture in him.

So far, it seems like the fall didn't hurt him, thank goodness he landed on his feet. (But I still feel terrible!)

Now I'm more concerned with the bit of silicone he swallowed. (Tobi eats linoleum and hard plastic and rugs and such all the time. But she's got a gut of steel. If it were her, I wouldn't be worried at all. Nick on the other hand....)

I will be watching him very closely over the weekend.
He used to be an angel, I could always trust him. But over the past 6 months or so, he's turned into a terror!

I hope Nick is Ok Beth, Cookie has just started eating crazy things that have got me worried (see my post 'naughty buns')and it seems that when I move one thing away from them, they go for something else. Don't feel bad, I've found in the last few days that looking after bunnies is like looking after michievious toddlers and you only have to lookk away for a second and they're up to no good lol.

I hope he does ok and none of this causes him any problems.

Jo x

Latest posts

Back