Oh no! Mouse poo!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Buns

Reaction score
:( I seem to have myself a house quest! I dont mind people owning mice, or little cute field mice... but please not wild mice in my house!!!!

I'm not really sure exactly what made it pick my house.. I mean my sisters is Right Next Door and much newer and nicer.

I've recently moved my bun into the house though, could this be the cause? I've read his food pellets could cause mice to come in, and maybe his hay too? Is this true? Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to solve it? I'm thinking of bringing in my cat for the night and seeing if she will catch it! *(Sorry to mice people - but I cant have a mouse in my house!)*:pinkelepht:

We had two mice get into our house a little while ago, one actually came into the computer room and we managed to corral it into a little container, trap it, and then we drove to a provincial park that is literally five minutes from our house and released it at 2 am. The other one, unfortuanatly, was caught in a mouse trap.

What I would recommend is getting a humane trap and putting peanut butter inside, I've heard a lot of people have good luck with PB.

We get a couple silly mice that come in each spring and fall. The cats dispose of them before we know they are there. I think it is just a matter of them finding a way in. Our house is almost 100 years old and I know has a few small cracks that we need to get filled.

My cats take care of any unwanted rodents in my house. I don't think I even have any in my yard because of our neighborhood cats. I feel pretty lucky.I had a mouse and roof rat issue in my previous house and YES used PB in a humane trap, works great!!

Good luck!

Well since we found out about it late in the evening yesterday we let the outside cat in (when we had more cats we never had this problem!! >.< ) and about 4:51am I heard a ruckus and I Believe she caught it. Not sure, but I'm going to keep looking for signs and see if its gone or not.

Latest posts

Back