Oh no!! Another abscess! :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
This week after the all clear from our vet we got back to bonding the bunnies. We have now managed to get all 4 together on the bed without fighting and blood shed...so we were exstatic! Tony (hubby) was petting Dandi and rubbing him all over(we have gotten kind of paraniod over abscesses so we use any excuse we can to explore the bunns) and found another small abscess forming on his back between his shoulder blades.:(:(:(

His other wound from the origional abscess is clearing up better than anyone had hoped! His ear canal is pink and healthy and healing great and the side of his face is looking good and the fur is growing back! We just have to watch his ear in case of infection because the scarring has made his one ear stick out to the side permanently so it doesn't drain quite as well as a normal ear would. But we got the all clear on Friday just past with a final vet check in 14 days. Well now it is back to the vet again for our boy.:(

I have a call into the vet now to see what we are going to do. This one doesn't feel rounded like the other though. It feels almost flat with little 'fingers' and not as mobile under the skin...I have got my fingers crossed that it is just some weird fat deposit or something. Or maybe some subQ bump from an injection site...Yah right.:(

Whoo hooo!:woohoo

The vet called and wanted to see Dandi...so I took him out to the clinic! Dr. Roberts thinks it is just an injecion site reaction! So we are going to do warm compresses and keep and eye on it just in case. But he doesn't think there is any need for concern at this point! YAY!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:<deep breath>

I'm glad to hear the vet thinks everything's alright still! I'll keep my fingers crossed and the little guy in my prayers in hopes that no more absesses form.

He's lucky to have such a great bunny family, not many would have spent all that money and effort on him. He's such a lucky boy!

He's my baby!:D

I was so worried that it might be another abscess. Another surgery on top of the other 2, plus 6+ vet visits in 2 months...plus meds, etc...well that starts to pinch the pocket book a little! But we would find a way! We always do!:D

[align=center]Runestonez wrote: [/align]
Whoo hooo!:woohoo

The vet called and wanted to see Dandi...so I took him out to the clinic! Dr. Roberts thinks it is just an injecion site reaction! So we are going to do warm compresses and keep and eye on it just in case. But he doesn't think there is any need for concern at this point! YAY!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:<deep breath>
:colors::elephant::colors:

Latest posts

Back