Oh, great...........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Last time Bun was sick it soon whent away butjumped into Cocoa. I got Cocoa on anti-biotics and he's been doinggreat. The remnants of the cold must of flew back to Bun-Bun. I hearedhim sneezing alot today.
I don't understand, it's like a marry-go-round. It's like 1 gets a coldand feels fine when it's passed to the other 1. Is there some thingthat could be floating around my house? If possible, what can it be? Imean, I don't even know how Bun-Bun got the cold in the first place. Hestays in a warm, non-dusty, and clean house. Our otheranimals' are healthy.

So, I would really like to know what is going on and how much longer itmay last. Cause what if the cold(That's if it is.) from Bun-Bun all ofa sudden pass back to Cocoa? How will I get rid of it from passing backand forth - even when their healed?

I hope to get replies tommarow.
Sleepy - gotta sleep.

It's very possible that both have a chronicinfection that is never completely cured and keeps flaring upperiodically. In some cases, "snuffles" symptomscan be a life-long battle.

Pam

:yeahthat

It is important to identify the bacteria that is causing this and makesure the proper antibiotic is given. They could simply bereinfecting each other, in which case proper antibiotics, fast action,and a lot of disinfecting can break the cycle and prevent furtherillness. But like Pam said this could be a chronicinfection. Proper medication will shorten the recovery timeand might make the time between illness longer.

This isn't really something to do with normal housekeeping, although Ido recommend washing your hands immediately after handling one of therabbits, regularly disinfecting their cages, and keeping themcompletely physically separate (cage bars are not enough).

How deadly is this? I mean Cocoa is only about 8months - he's still a baby!! And Bun-Bun - he's so special to me!! Thatwould be terrible if both died soon. Both Rabbits look healthy though.Especially Bun-Bun. His winter coat is so pretty.

It really depends on the strain and if they'rebeing properly medicated. Some upper respiratory infections(what this is) are very deadly, others less so. Many rabbitswith chronic URIs ("snuffles") have lived for years with theproblem. But I don't want to downplay how important propervet care is, because the rabbits I've seen that have lived for a longtime have always had excellent vet care.

If you want to read up on this, there's lots of information here:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12016&forum_id=10

Latest posts

Back