Oh, baby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Into everything, affectionate, begging, nosy, pushy, obnoxious, rapid mood changes--nine fuzzy toddlers!

When I open the cage in the morning, baby 3 comes running first,closely followed by baby 1 and baby 7. Soon they are crawling over myarms, nipping my sleeve, licking my hands. They are always in the way.

I kicked FIVE babies out of the food dish this morning so I couldrefill it, and they kept popping back in. They smash themselves againstthe cage front waiting for food, and the ones in the back row run intothe front ones, squishing their little faces against the wire. Then momTank comes and steps on them all trying to grab food before they do.Should they succeed, she will whack them out of the way with her head,step on them, yank it out of their mouths. Lest you feel sorry forthem, they always manage to get MORE than their fair share of food andareround as tennis balls!

Yet I've seen her sitting patiently while one baby roughly andintensely washes her face, sitting on a brick to reach mom's head.She's a good but very rough mother! The babies don't seem to mind a bit.

Tank is looking totally harrassed.She runsback andforth, trying toshake off constantly nursing babies, thewhites of her eyes showing as she tries vainly to find some spot to eather treat in peace. She holds the bread in her mouth and runs aroundmadly trying to keep it away from them. Her nipples are swollen withmilk, because she's trying to wean them but is still producing hugeamounts of milk to feed nine growing little ones. So she is NOT a happycamper right now. We try and babysit all of them for at least an hour aday so she can eat and sleep in peace.

She's become almost paranoid, poor thing. And insanely hormonal. I canalmost hear her thinking, "Four was ok, but nine is TOO MUCH!!!" Shetwitches when touched and jumps at small noises. Another week shouldsee them completely weaned. She weans early, at about3 to 4weeks, out of sheer desperation.

But the little ones are healthy and happy, and Tank will soon go back to peace and quiet with her mate--until the next litter!

Rose

greatpostRose!

Good to hear that the lil ones are so rambunctious and healthy! Best ofluck toyoufolks bunnysitting for poor Tank. Kiss onher head from my girls

Cher

Latest posts

Back