Officials are calling this a tragically, unavoidable accident.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
I am so numb. I don't know what to do with myself. We are busy busy over here packing and rushing around preparing for the move. Well we didn't really think it was a big deal to skip the big family easter gathering and work at the house instead. I could kill myself for that today. I should have been there.

My best friend (who is like a sister to me and also happens to be my husbands cousin-in-law) allowed her ex (roberts cousin) to pick up all three kids from my in-laws house easter evening and take them up north to Santa Barbara with him for two weeks during spring break. This is the first time he has taken all 3 kids for more than a day since they split up almost 2 years ago.

My 6 year old neice was killed yesterday. Shewas hit by a utility truck while riding her bike in an alley behind his house. I feel like the world has stopped spinning. I don't play favorites but Trinity was the oldest and I was her favorite Auntie. She called me on Easter and read me a story on the phone. I was so proud of her for learing to read so quickly in Kindergarden. I'm sitting here wanting to do something, but not being able to move.Michelles parents drove her up last night to pick up the kids, and bring Trinity back to So Cal. I wanted to badly to jump in the car and go too. I actually was already in the car on my way, when she called me back and told me they were already an hour into the drive up.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to work today. I should, to take my mind off of it but I don't think I can handle anyone else asking me "whats wrong?" I burst out in tears and turn to a blubbering mess. I really don't know what to do with myself.

. Girl on bike hit by truck, dies
By Staff

A 6-year-old girl died this afternoon after she was hit on her bike by a Verizon work truck in the 200 block of the North K/L Street alley in Lompoc.

The truck was traveling southbound in the alley, police said. The driver’s name was not released.

Police believe the girl on the bike rode eastbound into the alley from between two parked vehicles, and the utility truck driver was unable to avoid hitting the her.

The collision happened at about 2:15 p.m.

The girl was treated at the scene and immediately transported to Lompoc Hospital by American Medical Response staff, where she died.

The child was not wearing a helmet and suffered major head trauma, police said.

Speed, alcohol and drugs did not appear to be factors in the collision, but the incident remains under investigation.

The driver of the truck was cooperating with the Lompoc Police Department, authorities said.

The name of the victim was withheld

Officials are calling this a tragically, unavoidable accident.

KEY News will continue to update the story as more information becomes available.

[size=Story Created: ][/size][size=Mar 27, 2008][/size][size= at ][/size][size=5:25 PM PDT][/size]

Poor little Trinity and her parents and siblings :( I'm so sorry. Children's deaths are so tragic.

That is horrible. I have 8 year old niece and i am pretty sure that I am her favorite aunt. I would be very sad if she were to die.

:hugsquish:Wishing you and the rest of your family the best.

I am very sorry for your loss. Trinity sounds like a very smart girl. I would love to hear more stories about her. It is so sad that she was so young. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Sharon

Oh hon, I just can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for you and your family. Losing a child is the worst thing I think anyone can go through.

:hug:

Losing a child is the worse thing a family can go through. I am so very sorry. She sounds like she was such a delightful child. You and your family have my sincere sympathy. Words are useless at a time like this.

Keeping Trinity and you in my prayers... :pray:

I can understand words not easing much of the pain you and your family must be going through at this time, But you have my sincere condolances and will all be in my thoughts.

Should you need us...we are here.

I'm so very sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through right now.

Nothing we can say can make you feel any better, but you and your family are in my thoughts this evening...

Jen xx

I'm so very sorry :tears2: :hug:

Oh no...i just cannot imagine the pain and heartache you are all going through just now..i am so very sorry to hear this very sad and devestatingnews :(

Cheryl

Back