Odd Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
Ziggy refused to eat his greens this morning that he usually begs for and nudges me till I give him them every morning. We are in the middle of a severe thunderstorm with a tornado watch in effect and was wondering if the change in weather along with all the sounds could be causing him to be more skittish. He is hiding behind the chair after I checked on him in his cage cuz he wasn't coming out as his normal daily activity. He is more jumpy at sounds too. The wind is blowing to the point u can hear it shaking the windows and doors creaking with rain hitting windows and power flickering. I have everything ready for in case we have to move to the basement in the event of an actual tornado but as far as I was told they never touch down in town so no real worry with that. Just wondering if his "off" could be due to this weather

It very well could be but also watch for stasis.

A gas build up in the tummy. Watch his water intake I would give him some Simicone (sp) to help with any gas.

Rabbits go down hill very fast. So keep a close eye on him.

Maybe try a treat he can not resist to see if he takes that.

When I saw he didn't eat his greens I gave him some oats and a craisn that he ate without an issue. How much of the gas stuff should I give? He's 5lbs

1 cc every hour for three hours but if he eats treats I would hold off and watch him for a couple of hours. But if you feel more comfortable giving him the gas meds go ahead it wont hurt him.

I am going to have to run my fosters down to the shelter in a minute but I will be back to see updates on him.

I offered him some pellets to see if he will eat and he munched on those then went back to hiding behind that chair. The weather has cleared up majorly and he finally ate a few pieces of his greens and came out of hiding. He is now flopped out in his cage sleeping.

I would watch him for the next few hours and see if he returns to normal, did you give him the gas meds or not?

Just wondering if you did that may be the reason watch his water intake.

I gave him the meds finally because he is now not drinking or touching his hay when he usually munches on hay through out the day. He is in his cage hiding still and there is no storm or anything at this point. If he is still acting this way come morning I will be taking him to the vet

Ok try rubbing his belly a little to release the gas watch his water intake.

Get him moving try not to stress him but try to get him running around a little. I think vet in the morning is a great idea no one can hep better then a vet.

Around 8pm last night he started running and binkying around the house jumping on everything in sight and drank finally. HIs water bowl was just about empty this morning and his hay rack the same.

Latest posts

Back