Odd Hair... Shortening

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sequin

Reaction score
Alright, so Annon's got a light-orange fur over his face. A few weeks ago, I noticed his nose was darker, but since it fit around very symmetrically I figured it was just his nose. Anyway, it's quickly spread further out, to where it looks as if his hair has been shaved off from his nose out. now it's pretty asymmetric with a patch of longer, lighter fur in it. (tiny patch, more a tuft)

Well, I don't know if he's shedding, but if he is that is a STRANGE way it's working. Otherwise he has kind of... Fluffier fur on the rest of his body (He's always been pretty fluffy compared to his friend)

Is this normal? He likes to stick his nose through the fence bars, so maybe that's started rubbing it off? Though it seems late for it to suddenly happen.

Have you noticed if he is shedding more than usual? If so, he could be molting. Different rabbits molt at different extremes. My male molts horribly and his was noticeable on his face too! I could see lines and he changed colors too.

It sounds like a pretty typical molt pattern to me. The shaved-looking shorter hair is his new coat and the longer hair is the hair getting ready to fall out.

Happy Molting! :) Ahh the joys of bunny owning~

Latest posts

Back