odd chewing habit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
Hmm, anybody know why Buster would constantlychew on Bab's back? Poor Babs now has a completely baldcircle where Buster is always chewing on her... Otherwise they getalong great, and she really doesn't even seem to mind that, she justsits still, then gets upset when he goes away. I just don'tunderstand I suppose... :?

I would go with dominance, Jade does that toJezebel at times. For awhile Jade used Jezebel's tail as a chew toy,until I separated them. Now when they are out romping around, Jezebelwill sit perfectly still and just wait for the "love nibbles" fromJade. Someone has to be Alpha bunny in your household and I guess it isBuster who has decided to fill that role~and Bab's agrees!

anyoneelse?

Sounds like a dominance thing. My vet calls it"barbering" there are certain areas rabbits nibble on eachother. Mineare both young, so it's a constant back & forth process. It'susally on the top of their heads.

Too bad we can't just bite our bosses heads when they get out of line. It would be so thereputic.

Latest posts

Back