Odd behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Einstein has been acting weird as of late. Nothing bad. Just odd. He has this thing where he will thump early in the morning, spaz out, do a binky and then thumps again and he is done, he does the same thing in the evening. What could be the cause of this? I know hes not scared because their is no other animals in the house and it is very quiet.. What could be happening? The only thing i am worried about is when he thumps that he will break his food. I heard horror stories. But when he thumps it is almost always on carpet.

Thanks!:innocent:innocent:brownbunny

It's a good thing that your rabbit is doing binky jumps. That means he's happy! The thumping I'm not so sure about...are you sure he's actually thumping, or is he just hopping loudly? My larger bunny Buttercup is about 10 pounds so he often sounds like he's thumping in the middle of the night but then I find out he's just walking around the cage playing. Buns are usually most active very early in the morning and late at night, so it's not uncommon to see binkys at those times of day! And yes, repetitive or forceful thumping can probably injure the foot, but my Buttercup can be a big thumper sometimes and he has cut the back of his hind leg open a few times (whether it was from thumping or getting too excited while playing) and our vet was not overly worried about it. Unless Einstein is HUGE (I'm talking Flemish giant) or thumping forcefully for hours at a time, I don't think he'd be at risk of breaking a bone.

Back