Oaks and I

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_Toast

Reaction score
Hi! My rabbit is a fawn Flemish Giant doe named Annie Oakly. I just adopted her and we've already come a long way. She is blind in one eye (I was told a cat got hold of her) but she gets along just fine. She's a little skittish still because she wasn't handled much in her last home and she can't see you approach if you are on her blind side. But despite that she is very gentle. Hope to learn lots here since Oaks is my first rabbit.

Just found out from the woman I got her from that she "may have been bred" a day or two before I got her. You'd think I would have been told that ahead of time eh? So we may be expecting babies around the 20th of Feb. I'm gunna need some help.

Welcome!!

RO is definetly the place to come on learning about rabbits :D

Do you have any pictures of 'Oaks'

P.S I love the name Annie Oakly :biggrin2:

:welcome1

Hello and Welcome to Ro!

Bless your heart on taking in 'Oaks'. :)That's so sweet of you. I can't wait to see some pics of her! I bet she is a cutie,I have a soft spot for Flemish Giants! They are one of my top favorite breeds. :D

I hope you enjoy RO!

Karlee

Hiy and welcome to the forum!

i hope you're finding RO okay.

I'd love to see pics of Oaks.

once again welcome :)

If you need any help just ask/pm me.

Prisca :pinkbouce:

annieoakley.jpg

It's her left eye that is blind but you can't see it in this picture. And she is a fawn not a sandy like I posted at first. I have it right in my profile. I'm just learning the ropes of rabbit types, colors, and breeds.;)

Welcome to the forum! You'll find many Flemish fans here, and quite a few owners as well :)

Welcome to the forum! I have four flemish giants 2 blue and 2 black. Feel free to pm me with any questions, I would be glad to help. My black doe was pregnant when I got her at a show but I didn't know it. Walked in to check on her and found 6 little babies (first I wondered how mice got in her cage). Suprise!

Flemish are wonderful rabbits!

Welcome to the forum :D.

It sounds as thoughAnnie Oaklyis settling in very well at her new homethanks to your patient love and care :pink iris:.

There are plenty of experienced breeders who can and will willinglygive you advice on RO. I'm not a breeder myself so I'll just say I hope everything works out fine if your new doe is pregnant.

Jo xx

Welcome to the Forum! So happy to see another Flemish slave! Wow! That's pretty inconsiderate to not let you know she might have been bred before you took her! We'll be happy to help out anyway we can.

Count 31 days from when you THINK they bred her. That will her due date. 3 days before that, you will need to have a nestbox ready. If you want to build something, I'd be happy to help with dimensions. It has to be heavy enough to not tip over everytime Annie Oakley jumps in and out. You do need a nestbox to keep the babies together, so they stay warm and don't miss a meal.

So happy you found us! It will be great to see more photo's of her!

Latest posts

Back