O/T- World Of Outlaws Sprint Series

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
We went to theWorld Of Outlaws Sprint Car races last night and had a blast! Myhusband used to be involved in sportsman/streetstock racing years ago.My oldest son raced before he joined the Marines and is looking to getback into it. So, they always enjoy it when "the big boys" come totown! :)

For anyone who hasn't seen the Sprint Cars first hand, it's a sight to behold!

• 81 Speedway 3/8-mile, semi-banked oval, where Steve Kinser
established the track record in an Outlaws event of 13.395 seconds on
Oct. 16, 2004.

The cars weigh approximately 1375lbs. andare so light and fast that they have wings on top to help withaerodynamics so that the wind keeps them on the ground.

The run 120-135mph on a 3/8 oval dirt track! That's pretty impressive!

The engines are screaming, the mudsflying, you can smell the fuel burning, the stands are packed...a goodtime is had by all!

Here's the story from last nights races.

http://www.theworldofoutlaws.com/show_news.php?id=680

Raspberry

A few photos of sprint cars for anyone who hasn't seen one before.

4lozus

4lozzt

4lp01f

Cool!

Daughter Steph went to the rodeo last night and had a blast.I can't believe thoseboys those ridenasty bulls --so dangerous :X Very glad that my son quickly got over hisdesire to have the crap beat out of him riding bulls.

Anyhow -- Steph got the biggest kick out of the wild Amish kids who areeven more wild than the bulls LOL Thereality of what really goes on during rumspringa is far more wild thanany reality show could imagine :shock:

Pam

Yeah for Steph! Ilove rodeo too! I bet she had a blast! Bull riding is sointense!Very glad your son got over that phase!:shock:

Raspberry

I'm a big nascar fan and would love to see anOutlaws race. It seems the only time they come around here is on aweekday, and if you don't get to the track very early you won't get aseat.:(

Yep, I had to goto the track five days early to buy our tickets and there were only75-100 tickets left at that time!

Raspberry

Dear Raspberry,

YOU'RE FREAKIN NUTS!!

You're the Biggest Worry Wort...next to Tina, and you let this go on and Cheer for it!

Whatsa matta wich you??????????

I'm thinkin you need a Stupbid Smack!!!

-Carolyn

SLG loves ittoo! She was mad that she didn't get to go lastnight but I promised her I'd start taking her back out to the track onThursday night cruiser nights! She's a Track Rat at heart!

Raspberry

I am a huge Nascar fan and I lovewatching bull riding. I am Way too paranoid Like Carolynsays;);)to ever want/let Jer do it. Scary. them guys havebraver Mommies than me.

Tina

The Swindell's andKinsers are long time sprint car racers and one of them has their 16year old son racing now too. He's good too! He was in the top race lastnight!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Yeah for Steph! I love rodeotoo! I bet she had a blast! Bull riding is sointense!Very glad your son got over that phase!:shock:

Raspberry
LOL! It's got some hot riders too LOL! Nothin' like a man in spurs! :D

I love sprint cars! They're one of myfav forms of racing (and I used to work in the racingindustry). Only got to see WOO once live, though.It was awesome!

SAS

The Missus' nephew works for Rausch Racing Team,and Jeff Burton specifically. He has been a gas man andJeff's spotter in the past. Now, he is a master prefabricatorand jack of all trades in the shop. He said the hectic paceof racing all week end, then returning to work Monday morning left himno life of his own.

Since making that decision he has bought himself an airplane andlearned how to fly it.Aready had boat, motorcycle and pickup. He lives in NC and has some good stories to tell.

Buck

Back