O/T Quotes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Snow

Reaction score
"When we extend ourselves to another human beingin anyway at all, when we positively touch the life of one person, webenefit the whole of humanity." Gail Elliott

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." Martin Luther King

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow-it empties today of strength." Gail Elliott

"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention." Duguet

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look solong at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has openedfor us." Helen Keller

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you justsitthere."Will Rogers

"Being true to the highest and best within us, regardless ofcircumstance, is not always easy, but it is always worth it." GailElliott

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame someone else." John Burroughs

"One can easily judgethe character of a person by the way they treat people who can do nothing for them." Proverb

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

"Any person capable of angering you becomes your master, he can angeryou only when you permit youself to be disturbed by him." Epictetus

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Yourcharacter is what you really are, while your reputation is merely whatothers think you are." John Wooden

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinitehope."Martin Luther King

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated." Maya Angelou

"Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend,earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait.Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire,save. Before you die, give." William Ward

"By three methods we may learn wisdom; first, by reflection, which isnoblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest, and third; byexperience, which is bitterest." Confucius

• Most Destructive Habit... Worry
  • Greatest Joy... Giving
  • Greatest Loss... Self-Respect
  • Most Satifying Work... Helping Others
  • Most Endangered Species... Dedicated Leaders
  • Greatest Natural Resource... Our Youth
  • Greatest "Shot in the Arm"... Encouragement
  • Greatest Problem To Overcome... Fear
  • Most Effective Sleeping Pill... Peace of Mind
  • Most Crippling Failure Disease... Excuses
  • Most Powerful Force in Life... Love
  • Most Dangerous Pariah... A gossiper
  • World's Most Incredible Computer... The Brain
  • Wost Thing To Be Without... Hope
  • DeadliestWeapon... The Tounge
  • 2 Most Powerful Words... "I Can"
  • Greatest Asset... Faith
  • Most Worthless Emotion... Self-Pity
  • Most Beautiful Attire... A Smile
  • Most Prized Possession... Integrity
  • Most Contagious Spirit... Enthusiasm
"To the world, you may be one person: but to one person, you may be the world." Author Unknown

I hope everyone enjoys this as much as i enjoy logging on to this forumeveryday. Thank you all for being so kind and helpful, and supportive.

Please add your own favourite quotes, i would love to read more. LOL

Nicole

Ok, my quotes are a little different, these areall taken from my Medciation Cards that I use. It is worth a read,there is 30 different ones.

They are start with Today I will focus on

Happiness -
Happiness arise spontaneously when we release ourseparateness and merge fully into the joy of the present moment.

Hamlessness - Harmlessness is the intention to live withgentleness, awareness, and compassion toward ourselves and allothers. May I learn to create less pain through my thoughts,words, and actions.

Loving Kindness - Silently wish that each being you meet will be well, happy, and joyful.

Self-Esteem - I feel an inner joy and know I am worthy andbeautiful being, and that I have the resources and inner strength to door be anything I choose.

Inner Peace - My peace is a great gift to the world - when I find my peace, there is one less person suffering.

Healing - The healing journey is an awakening toourselves by ourselves, a uniting of ourselves with who we really are.

Service - As we open our hearts to other, service becomes the expression of our caring for all beings.

Tolerance - We are not alone here. We allwalk the same earth, we breathe the same air, and each of us is worthyof being loved.

Consideration - Give special time and thought to your actions sothat you may be more considerate of others' feelings and needs.

Change - Change is the very nature of life. When we resist change, we are resisting our own growth.

Self - Acceptance - Just as I am, all of me, is absolutely acceptable and lovable.

Mindfulness - Mindfulness is being present with what is. When you walk, just walk. When you eat, just eat.

Simplicity - A blade of grass, a smile, and a good thought aresimple. Breathing in and out is simple. Truth is simple.Discover simplicity.

Letting Go - Without grasping or fear, I will let go of that which no longer serves me or anyone else.

Friendliness - Friendliness is kindness in action. Bring a smile and a kind word to each person you meet.

Co-Arising - All things are interwoven. You are notseparate from the food you eat or the farmers who grew it, or the sun,rain, and earth, or the plate or the fork. Where do you beginand end?

Love - Know that you are love, the trees and flowers are love,that your heart and mind unite in love, that the universe is held inlove.

Listening - Listening means being fully present for anotherperson. When we are truely heard by someone healing becomespossible.

Inner Silence - When we listen to the inner silence, all sound becomes beautiful.

Appreciation - Spend your day noticing and appreciatingeverything you see the colors, sounds, smells, shapes and feel thatappreciation opening your heart in respect for all life.

Sympathetic Joy - To take delight in other people's happiness is to have a passionate resonance of all life.

Open-Mindedness - When we release our prejudices and judgements, we enter a deep, abiding peace.

Compassion - Compassion is the passioon that arises from the wish that all beings be free from suffering.

Patience - A beautiful flower does not grow overnight. Your patience will encourage many flowers to blossom.

Gratitude - I fell grateful for the gift of this precious lifeand I give thanks for the beauty of this world, for the love in myheart, and for the divinity that is in all things.

Generosity - Giving without any thought of receiving iscompassion in action, the most powerful and unconditional act ofgenerosity.

Truth - We do not hve to search for the ruthm by simply let go of our opinions and judgements.

Courage - Courage does not mean being fearless. It mean being able to face your fear.

Equanimity - Equanimity is an inner spaciousness that allows us to be at peace in all circumstances.

Forgiveness - Forgiveness releases the past. It heals the pain so that you are free to dance and love again.

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

Chapter 1

I walk down the street
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost...I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it
I fall in, again..
I can't believe I am in this same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3

I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in...it's a habit...but, my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter 4

I walk down the same street
there is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I walk around it.

Chapter 5

I walk down another street.

THEDAFFODILPRINCIPLE

Several times my daughter had telephoned to say, "Mother, youmust come see the daffodils before they are over." Iwanted to go, but it was a two-hour drive from Laguna toLake Arrowhead. "I will come next Tuesday, " I promised,a little reluctantly, on her third call. Next Tuesdaydawned cold and rainy. Still, I had promised, and so Idrove there.

When I finally walked into Carolyn's house and hugged andgreeted my grandchildren, I said, "Forget the daffodils,Carolyn! The road is invisible in the clouds and fog,and there is nothing in the world except you and thesechildren that I want to see bad enough to drive anotherinch!"

My daughter smiled calmly and said, "We drive in thisall the time, Mother."Well, you won't get meback on the road until it clears, and then I'mheading for home!" I assured her. "I was hoping you'dtake me over to the garage to pick up my car."

"How far will we have to drive?" "Just a few blocks,"Carolyn said. "I'll drive. I'm used to this."After several minutes, I had to ask, "Where are wegoing? This isn't the way to the garage!" "We're goingto my garage the long way," Carolyn smiled,"by way of the daffodils." "Carolyn," I saidsternly, "please turn around." "It's all right, Mother,I promise. You will never forgive yourself if you missthis experience."

After about twenty minutes, we turned onto a small gravel roadand I saw a small church. On the far side of the church,I saw a and-lettered sign that read, "DaffodilGarden."We got out of the car and each took achild's hand, and I followed Carolyn down the path.Then, we turned a corner of the path, and I looked upand gasped. Before me lay the most glorious sight. Itlooked as though someone had taken a great vat of goldand poured it own over the mountain peak and slopes. Theflowers were planted in majestic, swirlingpatterns-great ribbons and wraths of deep range, white,lemon yellow, salmon pink, saffron, and butter yellow.Each different-colored variety was planted as a group so
that it swirled and flowed like its own river with its own unique
hue. There were five acres of flowers.

"But who has done this?" I asked Carolyn. "It'sjust one woman," Carolyn answered. "She lives on the property.That's her home." Carolyn pointed to a well-kept A-framehouse that looked small and modest in the midst of allthat glory. We walked up to the house. On thepatio, we saw a poster. "Answers to the Questions I KnowYou Are Asking" was the headline. The first answer was asimple one."50,000 bulbs," it read. The second answerwas, "One at a time, by one woman. Two hands, twofeet, and very little brain."

The third answer was, "Began in 1958." There itwas. The Daffodil Principle. For me, that moment was alife-changing experience. I thought of thiswoman whom I had never met, who, more than forty yearsbefore, had begun-one bulb at a time- to bringher vision of beauty and joy to an obscure mountaintop.

Still, just planting one bulb at a time, year after year, hadchanged the world. This unknown woman had foreverchanged the world in which she lived. She had createdsomething of ineffable (indescribable) magnificence,beauty, and inspiration.

The principle her daffodil garden taught is one of the greatest
principles of celebration. That is, learning to move toward ourgoals and desires one step at a time-often just onebaby-step at a time --and learning to love the doing,learning to use the
accumulation of time. When we multiply tiny pieces of time with
small increments of daily effort, we too will find we canaccomplish magnificent things. We can change theworld.

"It makes me sad in a way," I admitted to Carolyn. "What mightI have accomplished if I had thought of a wonderful goalthirty-five or forty years ago and had worked away at it'one bulb at a time' through all those years. Just thinkwhat I might have been able to achieve! "My daughtersummed up the message of the day in her usual directway. "Start tomorrow," she said.

It's so pointless to think of the lost hours of yesterdays. Theway to make learning a lesson of celebration instead ofa cause for regret is to only ask, "How can I put thisto use today?"

.....Author Unknown

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we getmarried, have a baby, then another. Then we arefrustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll bemore content when they are. After that, we'refrustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We willcertainly be happy when they are out of that stage. Wetell ourselves that our life will be complete when ourspouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicercar, when we are able to go on a nice vacation, or whenwe retire. The truth is there's no better time to behappy than right now. If not now, when? Your lifewill always be filled with challenges. It'sbest to admit this to yourself and decide tobe happy anyway.

Happiness is the way. So, treasure every momentthat you have and treasure it more because you shared itwith someone special, special enough to spend your timewith... and remember that time waits for noone.

So, stop waiting...
Until your car or home is paid off
Until you get a new car or home
Until your kids leave the house
Until you go back to school
Until you finish school
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married
Until you get a divorce
Until you have kids
Until you retire
Until summer
Until spring
Until winter
Until fall
Until you die

There is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Great one Carolyn!!

I won't say how many chapters my autobiograophy would have.;)

One inspirational quote came to my mind immediately:

Carolyn wrote:
There is an old saying: "Don't wear the Hair Shirt"

~Jim

I have 2 favourite ones,

1st one..... What the mind can see and believe it can achieve.

2nd one..... When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

JimD wrote:
Great one Carolyn!!

I won't say how many chapters my autobiograophy would have.;)

One inspirational quote came to my mind immediately:

?

Carolyn wrote:
There is an old saying: "Don't wear the Hair Shirt"
?

~Jim
?

There is an old saying: "Don't wear the Hair Shirt". It comes from a long time ago in our history.

When someone would commit a crime, they had to wear a Hair Shirt. TheHair Shirt was a shirt made with a very course hair. It was to be wornwith the hair against the person's skin. The criminal would have towear it as punishment for a specified amount of time. The Hair Shirtwas most uncomfortable as it hurt, it itched, it was heavy, and it wasa symbol to the rest of the community that this person was bad.

JimD wrote:
Buck Jones wrote:
No matterhow hard we try, we are apt to come up short in some manner because weare not perfect.

Buck

Thanks Buck!!

~Jim
Perfect is in the eye of the beholder .

I am Perfect : My words make others feel Joy.

I am Perfect : My Antics : Make Some one smile.

I am Perfect : I Can make a Child feel Secure .

I am Perfect : My Confusion Makes Others Question The Answers.

I am Perfect : I Comfort the Uncomfortable .

I am Pefect: My Imperfections make me Unique , just as they do everyone .

As I said Perfect is in the eye of the Beholder .

I like another one that Buck liked: "Keep it simple, Stupid!"

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
I like another one that Buck liked: "Keep it simple, Stupid!"

:)

-Carolyn

There is a man who comes into my work who says that all the time!!!

Now for the weird part, his name is Carl also !!! (Mind you I call him Mr Johnson)

I know his name is Carl because he says to me , please callme Carl and I say I'm sorry but to me you will always be Mr Johnson Imet you as Mr Johnson and that's that, he just smiles and nods andcomments on how it's nice to have younger people who stll respect theirelders.

I just made the connection then when you said Buck liked it.

This man who says it to us is a realy lovely man, he is ex army and hesaid they used to say it in the army and he has lived his life by it.

He has a number 2 clipper all over (keeping it simple he says)

Love

- Lots of thingschange...lots of them don't...but the fact that I love you...that willalways stay the same.

The Magic Of Love

Love is like magic
And it always will be.
For love still remains
Life's sweet mystery!!
Love works in ways
That are wondrous and strange
And there's nothing in life
That love cannot change!!
Love can transform
The most commonplace
Into beauty and splendor
And sweetness and grace.
Love is unselfish,
Understanding and kind,
For it sees with its heart
And not with its mind!!
Love is the answer
That everyone seeks...
Love is the language,
That every heart speaks.
Love can't be bought,
It is priceless and free,
Love, like pure magic,
Is life's sweet mystery!!

- Helen Steiner Rice -

Friendship

- Friends are God's way of taking care of us. - Unknown -

- Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows. - Unknown -

-Many people will walk in and out of your life,but only true friends will leave
footprints in your heart. - Unknown -

- Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet whenour wings have trouble remembering how to fly. - Anonymous-

- Side by side or miles apart, good friends are always
close to the heart.- Unknown -

Hehe that last one reminds me of my friends on here ^-^

Vickie

Another one Taken from theRocky Horror Picture show I likealso states

Be Just and Fear Not .

That saying has stuck in my head for many manyyears , and if you live by it , You cantgo wrong .

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

-Winston Churchill

Back