O/T Perspective

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheetos mom

Reaction score
The last two days have been horrible for so manyof us. I just thought I would remind myself and others that we need toforever be greatful for what we do have....and even the crummy stuff.

Years ago, I met a very handsome teenager named Mike. I too was ateenager. He was a good friend of my cousins', who resided in Michigan.I would spend time with him when I went to visit them. He and I becamepretty close friends (Boy, was he handsome!)

He had his whole life ahead of him; he was handsome, came from a decentfamily, was expected to receive a football scholarship. You know, theideal all American kid.

Well, the night before his high school graduation, he and three friendswere driving around and stopping at friends' houses. The came to a setof railroad tracks. A train started to approach and this particularcrossing had no guard arm. Instead of speeding up when they realizedthe train was coming, the driver tried to back up.

Needless to say, they were struck.

The driver and front seat passenger lost their lives, the other rearpassenger lost his leg and Mike, who had been leaning in between thetwo front seats, lost his looks.

I remember talking to him after approximately seven sets of plasticsurgeries. He always said, "You know, Melissa, had we had a flat tire,a speeding ticket, an unexpected phone call or something of a nuisance,it would have changed this outcome altogether."

I share this story because I need to remind myself that very often FLOWERS GROW FROM SH*T.

Perhaps, there were other, more serious losses / sacrifices we might have suffered had it not been for the ones we did?

Sorry, I guess some of my posts lately are rather O/T, but we all justseem to be going through a ruff time the past couple of days.

Thank you allfor being there!

:pink iris:

I have always been a strong believer in the saying :

What doesnt Kill UsMakes Us Stronger ,Its something I have to keepreminding myself of every day , Yesthings could bebetter but IF they were , wouldwe be where we are at, at this point of our lives ?

Latest posts

Back