O/T: My supervisor has been acting the nut for the last week and a half ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
and I have this OVERWHELMING desire right now to just up and quit without notice! :(

If it were not for this bossy little bunny and the fact that he doesn'twant to hear excuses when it's time for his dinner(translation: "no money, no food") ... I would probably doit!!! :X

* grump *

Aw, I'm sorry...:( I know I need my pets more than ever, to be a diversion when things get rough.

Sherman, you hear me! Be nice to your Mommy now! Sherman....don't you walk away! I saw that tail flick...

:p

((((((BunnyMommy)))))))

P.S. Oh, and I adore the new avatar!! The King and his Lady :D

I'm sorry things aren't so well BunnyMommy! It's never nice having to work somewhere you don't enjoy working.

P.S.- We could all chip in and buy Sherman his food. ;)

I'm sorry things are bad at work right now. Ithink all of us have been in that boat at one time or another with agrumpasaurus boss.

Hopefully it's just holiday stress and all of that, and things will be settling down now that the holidays are over.

I sympathize completely, Bunny Mommy!

Don't make any rash decisions though. Take a day off if youneed to just chill from the attitude. You rarely have takenanytime and you've certainly got it coming to you. Perhaps aday or two of you not being there will make the boss appreciate youmore.

I think people are on that down slope. Holidays are over, spring's nowhere in sight, and it's back to the grind. I've noticed thatpeople in my office are grouchy and have that 'don't care' attitude aswell.

Keep your head down,concentrate on your work, and let it runoff of you likewater off a duck'sback.Ignore the attitude as much as youcan, and stay as low-key as possible while you're in his/her presence.

-Carolyn

Awww, Bunny Mommy. Sorry you are having a badtime at work . I agree with Carolyn, and think you deserve a few daysoff to chill (and love on Sherman, of course)! If you need to let offsteam, you can always come here - we don't mind

Jan

The thing to remember is that it is a "job," andnothing more. "You" are so much more than what you do for aliving, and your supervisor can't get at "you" anymore than you lethim/her.

In fact, your supervisors's myopic view of you probably has not oneiota of a clue what the "you" is about. Keep it that way by"yessing" him/her to death and collecting that paycheck with asmile. When, and if, it becomes necessary to get another"job," you'll get some signs from you know Who.

Love you and the King!

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
The thing to remember is that it is a "job," and nothingmore. "You" are so much more than what you do for a living,and your supervisor can't get at "you" anymore than you lethim/her.

"Never confuse having a career with having a Life."

Completely agree with Buck. So often times when someone's acting so toxic at work, rarely is it about us.

-Carolyn

Maybe it's the time of year-shorter days and notenough sun light. Makes many people cranky. I knowI have been, and my boss......One of these days Alice........

Hang in there things should get better shortly. -I hope!!!

Jen

Thank you all for your wonderful advice and support.

I think that upper management has been putting pressure on him to getcertain things done, but he doesn't understand this industry.In fact, this is his first supervisory experience in this particularline of work ... so, he's making all types of decisions that arecompletely lacking in common sense that negatively impact those of usworking under him. Believe it or not, in the last three weeksalmost one-third of our team has quit BECAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE AND HISDECISIONS... and nobody is addressing this problem.

The last straw for me was when he wrote me up for something that wasENTIRELY out of my control, this after I've tried to "mentor" him andnurture him and guide him along.

You all are right though. This is not my life. Ihave to look at it for what it is ... a JOB ... :X... were itnot for bills and needing money to pay them I could find a thousandbetter uses for my time... ...

He's got me in a cranky mood now too which is generally against mynature. I'm going to have to pull upand try to lookfor a bright side in all of this. :) Oh,wait! I found one... ... coming here to be with all of you!!!...

Thank goodness forBuck,Carolyn and the rest of the "good" kids in the group!Glad they got to you first!

I guess I just got the self confirmation(though I never really needed it :p)that I am arebel. I'm far more apt to be the sorttorace out ofthere! But before I left the parking lot I'd stopand droptrou! Mean People Suck and I don't like to bearound them. I always figure if someone is making me so miserable thattoo much of my time is spent dwelling on that misery, then I need tochange that situation. But I'm just a grumpy girl, and you are a mightyand wise woman! You better listen to the other mighty and wise leaders!:cool:

Raspberry

LOL atRaspberry! Don't let me fool you. There was a time (pre-40 and married)that I wouldn't have putup with this for a second, especiallyin a situation of injustice.) He acknowledges that I had nocontrol over the situation, but still holds with the corrective actionto cover his own you-know-what ... :(.Itell you, the old me would have packed up thisequipment,shipped it back, and emailed him a note indicating that this was myvery last second of employment with the company.

Alas, though, maturity tends to walk hand in hand with middle age andmellows one to the pointthat he/shehas all of thesizzle of a flat Diet Coke... ...LOL!

I know, Iknow....I'm getting there, really I am. I'm growing up!:shock:I know that if I were in a situation where I had tostay to take care of my home, kids, self....whatever, I would do whatwas necessary. I also know enough about you to know that you wouldn'tput up with any nonsense that you didn't have to put up with. Take deepbreaths, rub your ear lobes and chant "wooosah...." (like in Bad BoysII) :cool:

Raspberry

My husband has a new boss that is also new to thefield that hes in and makes a lot of mistakes.but hes a good buddy ofthe owners so i guess he has to put up with it.He doesnt want to changejobs.bluebird

Latest posts

Back