O/T kittens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowena

Reaction score
We have had some stray cats hanging aroundlately. I noticed one looked thin and since she is friendly I have beenfeeding her. She comes in the house to eat, then goes back outside. Inoticed she had milk :( So Ive been upping her food. Well today, Ifound the babies. They came out from under my house to be with mom. Icaught them and mom and they are now in my spare room.

orangekitten.jpg

madkitten.jpg

cutekitten.jpg

So anyone want one? :)

Virginia

Ahhhh so cute'i took in a stray cat myself'wecalled him Tommy he only comes in the house in the night time for a fewhours while my dogs are upstairs.He try's to play with the rabbits aswell which is very funny'but i would'nt trust him alone with them:)

They are adorable. A little hissy right now. Iam hoping its just the 3. Momma looks like she may be pregnant again :(Im hoping she is just filling out from all the food Im giving her lol Iplan to let her back out in a few to see if any others come out, butits been a couple hours and none have. Just these 3.

Virginia

Good job'i bet you did'nt expect to be lookingafter kittens let alone having any more.At least you found them'thepoor things would have turned wild and would have stood nochance of being homed:)

Awww! In a heartbeat I would drive cross countryto pick that first one up, but sadly I have no car, and my mom wouldnot agree to driving me. What a good person you are, taking them in.Try www.petfinder.com

Aww, they're just adorable! Goodluck with finding them good homes. I already have a cat that eats asmuch as two, and I can't drive. My parents wouldn't be up to it,either. I hope they all find good homes to live in.

That second one is a feisty little thing. So isthe orange one. Caitlyn and I went in to pet t hem and they werehissing and trying to attack.

I felt really bad for the second one. It had a fox tail stuck in itslip. I pulled it out and it seems fine. Good thing I noticed it.

They are on the verge of being wild little things. So cute. So far nomore have come out, and the momma isnt acting worried. So Im feelingconfident its just the 3. The window is open though for her to go outand Ive been checking every 30 mins-1 hour just to be sure.

Gonna have to talk hubby into that 3rd one though hehehe

Virginia

Heh... thats how I ended up with my twokittens. Neighbor was feeding Momcat and the kittens came outso she scooped them up and got mom to the vet for a spay.

The first couple of days my two were very hissy towards me, but now, they are psycho little balls of fur who sleep on the bed =)

I would love to take one but I think my hubbywould growl at me for it! Do you have any idea as to how oldthey are? If you can, find some kitten food for momma to eat,that and maybe some wet food. It should help her put on someweight. My 18 year old cat was also the kitten of astray. I remember catching her with a big green towel, boytalk about throwing a hissy fit!:mad: She thought she was sotough, but since she was so young, I was able to befriend her and nowhere we are 18 years later. She is not showing her ageeither, I guess she is from tough stock. If you do keep oneof them, (I would go for the tri color!), you will have a very goodfriend for life! Good luck in finding them all a goodhome.

Well, I am not really sure on their age. Ivebeen feeding momma cat for about 2 weeks now and today is the first dayIve seen them. But they were right up next to the house and the onlyreason I noticed them is she was laying out in the sun and I saw her.So Im going to guess and say somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks. We getpaid on friday, so Ill be picking up food for them all. I may have totake them to the shelter if I cant find them a home. We are going to bemoving in around 2-3 weeks so things are going to get hectic real soon.Im going to try though! And if I have to drop them off, Ill bring somefood and stuff to help out some.

Glad I did find them. I told hubby I figured she had some, but hewouldnt let me go under the house. We have black widows around here.Hate them things. Ive done this with strays before lol The last onemomma I had found, I kept one of her babies and rehomed everyone else.He was THE greatest cat! We even took him camping with us. He wouldfollow us on walks and when we got too far ahead he would meow, so we'dstop and wait for him. He would play with my small dog. It was so funnyto watch them. We moved the camper into a trailer park and he got outsomehow and I never saw him again :( I was so sad. He would lay out onthe ground and wait for my dog to get near, then leap up in the air andpounce on her LOL

Virginia

Ok anyone sex cats before? I did once, but Icant remember. I believe I have two females *pic 1 and 2* and one male*pic 3 obviously* #3 is definately different from the others. There ismore space between openings...............

Virginia

The little calico in the middle is going to be afemale since 99.99 per cent of calico'sare female.They look to be about 4 weeks.

Mom could get pregnant right away but if she is 'bulgy' or has a roundtummy, it's possible she has worms. Round worms are commonand are sometimes passed on to the babies.

You can try weaning them - a little canned kitten food with some warmwater mixed in to mush it up a bit. You can also soak drykitten food in water - let it really absorb the water until it'ssoft. Both work well for weaning.

Avoid cow's milk since it causes diarrhea. Cats love it but it'snot a good thing for them.

Good luck finding homes.

Thanks! I am hoping for a check tomorrow in themail, but if not then I will get them some good kitten food on friday.And maybe a wormer for the momma. I know since Ive been feeding her,she's looking better, but when I picked her up today, she feels likeshe has a baseball in her tummy. I didnt mess with her too much, sinceI wanted her to go in and let the babies know it was all ok lol

What age can cats safely leave mom? About now? I was figuring at least6 weeks. But I am not really sure with cats. The only kittens Ive beenaround are the strays Ive found and befriended cuz I felt bad for thembeing pregnant and not cared for, much to my hubby's dismay

Virginia

Sounds like worms - the really roundtummy. Pregnancy tends to make their sides bulgy rather thana round tummy. You may want to wait til the kittens areweaned to use a wormer since in can pass through the breastmilk. The wormer box should be marked if it's safefor kittens.

At the shelter, we usually wait until they are 8 weeks old to let themgo It's really good for them that you are handlingthem. It will help socialize them with humans. The morecontact the better. I'm so glad you were able to take in mamaand her family.

Do live anywhere near Ocean City? I do have a friend in OceanCity who is considering adopting a cat. She has been lookingon Petfinder. She has 3 rabbits and is working at a vetclinic. The only problem is that she and her bf are going toViet Nam in mid-July so she can meet her grandparents. Ithink she will be gone 2-3 weeks. Can't think of anyone elsein your part of the country who is looking for a cat.

Ann

I will look and see what I can find. Im glad Ifound them as well. They are hissy now, but my daughter will turn themaround lol She is in there now talking with them. She thinks itshilarious when they hiss hehe

I will keep them with me as long as I can. And hope I can find somehomes. Im right up by Oregon, and Im not sure where Ocean City is.

The babies all look pretty good. Not skinny or anything, so thats aplus. Im glad the momma decided I was good and would come in for food.I didnt want to just put food out cuz of the other cats. One came inthe room with them! I was shocked lol Ran out fast though when themomma jumped on it!

But I will look for a wormer, and if I dont find one, then I will just wait. Thanks for your help!

Virginia

Oh, I would totally take that little orange andwhite if I were near you. They are so cute. Theirfistyness should settle down when they've spent some more time withhumans.

From looking at them, based on their blue eyes and that the calico'sears are still folded, I'd guess they are about 3 weeks. I'vehand raised a couple of litters, so I can usually guess prettywell. If you have any more questions, feel free toask. I would use Evict wormer (I saw something aboutworms). They should be ready for weaning soon. (Ihonestly didn't read all the posts, so sorry if I repeated some advice.)

Jen

Latest posts

Back