o/t kids

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
Today i let my two boys go outsidetogether. I go to start the grill and tyler who is 5 andspecial needs his sitting outside all by himself. Now i was a littleupset to see him there without his older brother, cause i didnt know hewas there. Then i came in to do something inside and comeback out 5 mins later and he is gone and his sippy cup is on theground. I panicked and thought the worse and was searchingour huge apartment complex. My husband tried to reassure mehe probably knows where William is and is with william. Myhusband took the car and i stayed at the apartment in case either onecame home.. After what seemed like ages he came home with our ten yearold. I freaked. Cause Tyler is special needs, not that a 5 year shouldroam special needs or not.. Just today he a paper that he wears thatsays his name and his moms name and address and phone number in case heever got lost and here he is lost. That was really odd. but iwas thinking the worse and i kept hearing noises. I wasthinking a neighbor stoled him.. My husband found him playing with thetwin boys he went to school with. These boys dont speak muchenglish and the grandparents that take care of him during the day donteither. but tyler and the boys get along great. but thats anotherstory.. I was so glad to see him home and of course he never knew hewas missing and was just having a good time.. I told him how upset andworried i was and he kept saying sorry mom but then gooutside. We are going to try and get a lock for our door thathe cant open. He has never taken off before but he does just go openthe door and go outside without saying anything. Now that he knows heknows how to walk to his friends house he might do it again.. I do planto talk to the parents that if my son shows up alone you need to callme and plus we are setting some bounderies on where my older one cango. It takes quite a long time to search to find themplaying.

thanks for listening. it was so scary.

Cristy

I am glad he is home safely... what a scare thatmust have been! When my daughter was small she had afascination with unlocking the front door, we installed a bolt locknear the top of the door so it was within our reach but nothers. The reason we put it up so high is because if a childreally wants to get out he/she will figure out how to open the lock.

Susan

goodness what a fright youhad , ! I can onlly imagine the thoughtsthat went thru your mind , I amvery glad he is home safe andsound . Having playmatesparents notify you is a verygood thing. Even a 2 or3 ring on the phone will allertyou that he is off alone, especially if their englishisnt very good ,, it makes a great alert system .

Latest posts

Back