o/t job related

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
I been at my current job in market research forfive years. I been doing surveys over the phone this whole time.. Ionly work about 25 hours a week cause i really dont need to work 40hours cause the more you make the more you spend.. I went to work todayand they annouced that after our merger with this other company thatdue to some changed they are closing our office..They gave us a option to go home for the night since its a pretty hardblow to bear.. I chose to come home.. I been so spoiled.. The work isso easy.. No phyical labor just you get yelled at times, but you learnnot to take it personal.. We have the option to work till theend which is nov 20 at the latest. if we stay for those longer than ayear get a serverce pay. We will know more about that in 2weeks.. I am thinking its based on the employee but not sure.They are also bringing people in to help us look for jobs.

I been meaning to look for a differnt job since i work mostly eveningsand not seeing my kids at work but cause of routine and the pay rate ijust talked myself in cutting my work load.. Now i just got a kick inthe butt to look for something different.

Any advice? Would you work till the end and get the money they areoffering? My husband does work so its not like are onlyincome.. Plus my car is going to be paid off in december. They actullyare trying to sell me another one today. Good thing i didntget tempted.

Sorry this is so long.. I am pretty shocked. My husband did say a fewmonths ago with the company change thats its usually not good.

Cristy

I'd suggest staying with your current companyuntil you can find a new job and/or the deadline comes. No point inleaving to look for something and losing out on money when you can keepthe income while actively looking for something new.

ditto what Shuu said. If you work it out tillthe end... maybe you could take some extra time after for a class, orto spend time with your kids. Treat yourself to something with the $$$.Christmas is right around the corner....

I think I am going to just ride it out till theend.. In two weeks I will no how much money that i will begiven for going to the end.. They have actully just hired some newemployee's but they have to keep thier word on the work they havecontracted out.

There's going to be over 100 people out of jobs.. Some are just youngteenagers that will bounce back. There are a small amount ofpeople my age raising families that its going to be rough but probablywill come out ok.. then there the senior citizens who work there whomight have a really rough time finding work.

What make's it hard for me is that I really like my job.. It was easywork and so relaxed with family issue's and they were a good companythat did partied for holidays and picnic's. They made it anice place to work.. That can be hard to come by.

Cristy

I'm with the others, Cristy. Stay atthe place until it runs out. Since you enjoy it and themoney's good, you might as well ride it out.

I know you'll find something that suits your needs and that you enjoy.You're resilient. I'm sorry this happened, but I know you'llbe okay. Will say some prayers that you find another jobsooner rather than later.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back