O/T - Housesitting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I'm going to be house/petsitting for someone nextweek. I'll be staying at the house when I'm not at school, because thiswoman's mother-in-law does not feel comfortable being alone. Now, whileshe is an older person, she lives in an apartment above the garage andis 100% independant. I'll just be there for her peace of mind. I'llalso be watching her daughter's dog, a very well behaved 2 y.o. goldenretriever.

I'm having a problem naming my price :?. It's about 40-min from myhouse, well over an hour and a half from campus, so I imagine travelwill factor in. There's not a lot I'm going to actually be doingat her house, other than walking/feeding dog, watering plants, gettingthe mail. It'll be from a Tuesday morning to Friday morning.

What's the going rate?? What would you charge??

Well I'd charge enough to make sure it covers gasand a little bit more for feeding the dog. But other than that I cannotgive a good estimate.

Darn -- I typed out a bunch of info for you, but had an error message and lost it all :(

Basically, I think at least $50 per day is reasonable.

Pam

I agree. I wouldn't go much less than$50. It's hard to find someone who you trust with your homeand your animals, and with the price of gas and your time, you've gotto make it worth it for you.

-Carolyn

How long will you be staying? Have you asked themwhat they are willing to pay? or "what is the price range you wouldexpect to pay?"

In some cases, if you put them on the spot to make you an offer, it's more than you expected :)

Pam

Latest posts

Back