O/T Donate to Tsunami Earthquake Appeal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
I have watched a BBC News programme this eveningupdating the latest info about the Tsunami Earthquake disaster. InBritain, the Disasters Emergency Commission has launched an appeal fordonations, as I am sure many other charities have.

I am urging everyone on this forum to make a donation, no matter howsmall, as EVERY penny/cent etc. WILL make a difference to those who aretrying to survive thisdisaster.

We pride ourselves on being a caring forum community - let us see howmuch Rabbits.com can raise for these helpless people. I havestartedby pledging£100. Let's keep a running total.

mummybunny

Hi MummyBunny,

Bless your heart. I feel an obligation to give too. Such devastation and tragedy.

It could be a challenge to collect the money. Just doing the calendarand getting everything I needed together for that was more involvedthan I had thought.

With us having difference of monies, we would also have to make thetransference. My suggestion is to send in your gift/donation directlyto the organization you trust the most.

Thank you for this beautiful thought. If everyone in the world gave $1, it's amazing how much help it would be.

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, thank you for posting. I didn't meanthat we should do a collection as such. I did mean that we should alldonate to our chosen charity or aid service and keep a forum total ofhow much we have all donated to these organisations together.

Thank you so much for replying - I was disappointed that no-one else did.

mummybunny

Hi Mummy Bunny

I too will be donating to the Disasters Emergency Commission.I will donate £60. I know it's not much but it's all themoney that was given to me for Xmas by people who didn't know whatpresentsto buy for me - It should be put to good use forthose who need it more than I need another pair of trainers or anotherCd.

Rebecca

Hi, Mummybunny. Don't bedisappointed. The board moves so very fast that it'ssometimes difficult for people to get to the weightier topics in atimely manner.

What a wonderful suggestion that you're making. Forgive myignorance of differences in currency. I don't know how poundsexchange to American currency, but I plan to donate $20 (American, ofcourse).

Dave and I are going to donate something too. Ijust can't sit there day after day, seeing these horrible images andnot do something. We dont' have much to donate, but any little bit willhelp.

I'm so worried, I have a friend in Sri Lanka with absolutely no idea to find out how he is or if he's even alive. :(

John and I donated online to the DisastersEmergency Committee,which are 12 different charities all workingtogether to help out in this disaster.

Stephanie, I hope you find out about your friend. I believe there is anonline message board where poeple looking for someone can post, as wellas survivors that can tell people they are OK- Jan

I've been looking at the options and willbe sending my donation to theRed Cross :)

Here is an article warning of scamshttp://www.kxtv.com/storyfull1.asp?id=8889

The Red Cross and info on donating http://www.redcross.org/

Online Donation Formhttps://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

(You would select the "International Response Fund" option)

The above link also has links to the via mail or phone donation page.

Remember that memorial donations can also be made!

Matthew will be excited to be involved in this and to be able to send some money to help. :)

Pam

Its just terrible isn't it. I had to turn the news off yesterday as it showed footage of washed up bodies that where still unidentified. It makes me feel so bad that I can just turn it offand block it out but the people over there can't andit willbe their life for a long time. An absolute disaster and my heart really goes out to them. There are loads of donation boxes all over here andthey are all going to the red cross. If everyone does there little bitall over the world to help and donate what they can then we will make adifference to those poor people who have lost everything.

Vickie

Attention Americans :)

Legislation is expected to pass that will allow you to claim your 2005January disaster relief donations on you 2004 federal taxes.

So there's still time to donate and claim it on last year's taxes!

Pam

I just donated to Oxfam.

It's an international organization that specializes in purifying water.

They're the first one's that everyone calls in, supposedly, in such a tragedy.

-Carolyn

Back