O/T: Do you eat out a lot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RaspberrySwirl,

My sister recently started a new job at a place that processes bloodtest results (they input the results into the computer and send them todoctors). When she first started, she was allowed to take swabs andswab around the office and the results were quite surprising.

It turns out that a computer mouse/keyboard, desk tops,anddoor handles are DIRTIER than a public washroom toilet seat.

Just a little bit of information to think on.

I've read stufflike that before! I've read about those studies on community candydishestoo!

I never eat from a candy dish that hasunwrapped candy! All this gross talk is making me feelill........

I've read stuff like that, but never believed it until my sister told me the results of her actually doing it.

I always thought it couldn't be but look at the proof! :shock:

People, keep telling me these vile stories - Iwent on a diet for New Year (again) and it is my love of Indianrestaurants that keeps me in tent-sized clothes! If only I could befrightened away from Chinese All-You-Can-Eat buffets..............

LindseyandKen wrote:
People, keep telling me these vile stories - I went on adiet for New Year (again) and it is my love of Indian restaurants thatkeeps me in tent-sized clothes! If only I could be frightened away fromChinese All-You-Can-Eat buffets..............
Go online and find the special story thatwas done on TLC or Discovery channel about the stray cats that werecaptured and soldby street vendors in little China, Taiwan,etc to be skinned and eaten for delicacies in their restraunts... I sawthe show....it will make you stick to your diet for a while.:shock:

Raspberry

Euuueewwww!

Unfortunately, (or fortunately ;)) I'm vegetarian, and have been sinceI was 12 (12 years now) so gross meat stories can't stop me!!!!! Munchmunch munch

Insect stories would be helpful though, Lol, and dirt! :)

I'm partial vegetarian, lol.

I have to eat some chicken, turkey, and pork for a change once in awhilebecause I don't get the amount of iron from a vegetariandiet that I need sine I don't like a lot of foods.

My brother-in-law's sister is the same way, except her soctor told hershe'd die if she didn't start eating some meat again when she was noteating anything with lots of iron in it.

I started eating shellfish when I was 18 afterthe advice of a dietician (and I missed it) but meat doesn't appeal tome. I'm not militant and would never chastise someone else for doingit, but my line of thought is that I couldn't eat anything that I wouldkeep as a pet! (Or has a fluffy nose ;)- winkles aren't thatcute!)

My hubby and I are vegetarian too, and after allthe health scares we've had over here in recent years (mad cow, footand mouth, salmonella etc) I am really pleased to be. I have worked invarious catering places myself over the years and agree that there aremany horror stories - I can't understand how more people don't sufferfood poisoning.

Bunny Mommy and Raspberry - I too am addicted to CSI. I love the waythey re-construct things, even if they are a bit blood thirstysometimes.- Jan

We had a case of 'Mad Cow' here a while back andit's been crippling to the Alberta beef industry. But I've eatenplently of beef before and after that happened (I don't normally eatbeef but on occasion I do if I haven't had meat in a long time andthat's all that has been made) and no one has contacted BSE from eatingbeef. It's very unlikely to get BSE from eating the muscle of a cow.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:

But now that I know that she is a fellow CSI-aholic, we will be foreverbonded! CSIRules!

ME TOO! I love CSI :)

I get really sick from meat if I haven't eaten itfor a while (The pork for New Year's for instance), so I limit it toosmall amounts (such as a little chicken). I make a lot ofmeatless pasta dishes (spinach lasagna is to die for!). I'm acheese addict, but try to limit that also.

I normally order salad when we go out to eat :)

Pam

Well I do have one true story about why arestaurant called Boston Pizza (Boston's in the USA) no longer offersgreenonions in their restaurants. There was an e.colibreakout in one and since then they don't use green onions.

Just a little bit of information.

;)Watch out for those green onions! ;)

ahh attack of the onions! lol

Y'know what restaurant I love, Cracker Barrel, that's some good home' cookin for ya ;)

I wish they'd bring them to Canada.

I'm beginning toput together that all of you slim, young, beautiful looking women arealso those who don't eat muchmeat... ....Personally, I think I might turn intoa and then rip someone's head rightoff if I didn't have meat, but perhaps I'd beskinny when I was doing it?

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I'm beginning to put togetherthat all of you slim, young, beautiful looking women are also those whodon't eat much meat...
lol, a lack of meat is a bad thing. Chances are I have to adjust my diet pretty soon, there's a very good chance I have Anemia.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I'm beginning to put togetherthat all of you slim, young, beautiful looking women are also those whodon't eat much meat...
Ah, Raspberry, if only that were true! I've been veggie for 12 years,since I was 12, and have 114bs to lose, according to the doc.I put stacks of weight on when my mam and dad died 8 years ago, and I'mstill trying to get it off. Anotherproblem, of course, isthat Indian chefs make the best vegetarian food in the world, andthere's no meat in chocolate! :)

Latest posts

Back