O/T Do Not Call List

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom

Reaction score
I received an email from a friend yesterday thatin a few weeks cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers.It's not annoying enough that they call us at home, but now they'll becalling on a number WE have to pay for!

You can register your phone numbers - cell or home - on the national DoNot Call list by calling 1-888-382-1222 or visiting their website atdonotcall.gov. This is a list given to telemarketers letting them knowthat they may not call these numbers. Your number stays on the list forfive years.

I used the website this morning. It only takes a minute, doesn't cost anything and could save a lot of headaches.:)

It's very worth it, when I was living in VermontI registered on the list and it was very nice not to get telemarketingcalls during dinner. Or at 8 on a Saturday morning after a night of funwith the girls!

I feel a little guilty cause i am in marketresearch. Even though i dont sell anything. just do surveys i bugpeople at home. If we get a cell phone and they let us knowthen we dont conduct a survey with them or even try to get them to doit.

Cristy

I was a telemarketer for 6 months. Ialways hated having to call people at awful hours, especially suppertime. Some people get nasty and I mean nasty. I heard words I had toask the meanings of:shock::shock:.

What I hate are the 'new' telemarketers that can't be botheredto try and sell me something personally. They call me with a recordedmessage. Idefinitely put my number on there.

Tina

I don't mind the surveys, I actually don't mindfilling them out or answering questions. However, when I'm eatingdinner, I usually don't anwer the phone anyway. If it's important, theycan leave a message.

Tina - I HATE those recordedcalls! Or worse, you answer andget a message telling you to please hold for an important call. Yeah,right.

Thanks Bunnymom, for the heads up!! Iwill definitley put my number and my family/friends numbers on thelist! or, should I say, off the list...

Tina, I too worked as a telemarketer for a few months...actually, Istarted out just doing data entry...then I go on the phones and didregular customer service work and courtesy calls....and you're right,those people can be NASTY! Sometimes, I would have to callsomeone to confirm/cancel a seminar they had to go to...and theythought I was calling as a courtesy, so before I could get thatinformation that they need to know out of my mouth, they said, "notinterested" and hung up! JEEZ!

-Vanessa

Thanks for the link! I had put my homephone number on there a few years ago, but I never got around to addingmy cell number...so thanks for reminding me! :D

Jenn

I also put both my home and cell phone number onthe do not call list.I'm glad I did,butI still get calls once in awhile on my home phone,from my phone company asking me about thereinternet service.I get my internet service from the cable company,sowhen they call I just hang up.

hey that's cool! there are a few companies thatbug us CONSTANTLY, we always tell them to take us of thier lists butthen the nextday it is "we got a new list"

Latest posts

Back