O/T... Christmas Music

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
I really enjoyed seeing everyone's favorite picksfor Christmas Movies so I was interested to find out - what's yourfavorite Christmas music? My favorites are (in order):

1. Oh Holy Night (http://allen4444.tripod.com/ohholynite.htm)

2. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) by Savatage
link:http://www.savatage.com/index3.html
Click on the "Multimedia" link at the top of the screen... then "audio"and
scroll down to "Dead Winter Dead" (CD title) and click on the songtitle
for the full version... performed with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. Little Drummer Boy (couldn't find a version online that I liked though)

So... let's hear it... what are your favorites! :D

-Cheryl

HiTrampNPigeon,

The version of The Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.

and the whole Elvis Christmas CD.

Santa Baby by Madonna,

A Christmas Song, and

Toyland by Judy Garland

-Carolyn

I LOVE Christmas music!! However I havea hard time picking a favorite! for the more serious songs myfavorite two would be

1. O Holy Night

2. Mary did you know (or something like that!)

for fun songs my favorite two would be

1. Rocking around the Christmas tree

2. Jingle bell rock

But honestly there are very few Christmas songs I do notlike. Three of my favorite Christmas CD's are MartinaMcBrides, Clay Aiken, and Harry Connick Jr.

happy holidays!! Tracy

Let's see... O Holy Night, Do You Hear What IHear?, anything from The Nutcracker, anything by the TransiberianOrchestra (they're awesome!). :D

Working in retail at Christmas put me offChristmas music completely! 6 weeks of Slade, Wizzard andBand Aid for 8 hours a day can really send you mad! LOL

The ones I enjoy are Step into Christmas by Elton John, Handel'sComfort Ye and For Unto Us a Child is Born andMary's BoyChild (not the Boney M one though, I prefer Choral music). Ilike choirs alot so anything like that is good by me.

Bing Crosby has an awesome voice! I also love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

In my area there are several radio stations that go completelyChristmas and play Christmas songs all December so Iusuallyget my filllistening to those stations."Mary Did You Know," "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," and "WhiteChristmas" are some of my favorites. There are so many greatChristmas songs, it would be impossible for my to write all of myfavorites!

Lissa

My all time favourite has to be Whams! LastChristmas - So many memories of childhood. I don't know if you guysfrom America will know it though. Alyssa *my little girl* has reallygot into christmas music this year and her faves are: Santa baby byKylie, jingle bells by Mickey Mouse, 'Shrek' the Halls by urm Shrek.She loves all festive church carols though, like Away in a manger,Little donkey, Silent night, etc.She is inthe 'biggirl' Sunday School Nativity the year and is being an Angel.

Vickie

Winter wonderland has to be my favorite.

I really need to get the Christmas songs off the other computer.. Downloading on dial-up is bad... :p

I've always loved Carol Of The Bells. Also, Winter Wonderland is one of my faves. Do You Hear What I Hear too.

Ok ok, I admit, I'm a Christmas music junkie. I even have that TimeLife Christmas CD that I had to order off TV. It has some good stuff onit!!

"I Believe In Father Christmas", Emerson, Lakeand Plamer . I was at the concert in 1975 at Mdison Square Garden tohear this for the first time.

"Merry Xmas (War is Over)," John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band

"Santa Claus is Coming to Town", Bruce Springstien (It's a Jersey thing!)

I am so very very excited! Let me explain:

A few years ago we had a rash of robberies in ourneighborhood. I was one of the ones that got itTWICE. They broke into my car and truck and stolethings! The first time they took my cd's. It was afull cd carrier with all of a group collection and all of my favoritecd's..... I listen to them most of the time in the car, so I left themthere.

One of the things they got (since it was during the holiday season) wasa compilation cd of Christmas songs by Country Artists. Icouldn't remember the name cause i had so many. I alsocouldn't find the case because I usually toss them once I put them intothe cases.... at least the compilation ones.....

I have searched and searched, contacted one of the artists' sites,nothing has worked. One of the songs on the cd is O' HolyNight sung by Martina McBride. This particular recording isone of the most beautiful I have ever heard. Nothingcompares..... not even her singing the same song on one of her cd's.

Tonight, I have searched in a couple of new ways..... I decided I wouldlook for a different song I know was on that cd....... and I think Ihave found it!!!!! :D I ordered it on Amazon, but there is nopicture so I can't verify for sure..... it's been so long I can'tremember everything that was on the cd.

Cross your fingers for me..... I have missed this cd sobadly! I always listened to this particular song/cd beforeChristmas to keep me "in touch" with the true meaning and it calmed mein the hectic days right before!

My husband and I LOVE the song "Baby it's coldoutside" it doesn't matter who's singing it, we love it! We justwatched the movie Elf and they sing it in that movie, we were happy :D

Megan

I wasn't going to say it, but I have to,

I love Adam Sandler's version of "It's Hanukkah".

The Hanukkah Song

Intro: This is a song, that uh, theres alot of Xmas songs out there,but not too many about Hanukkah, so I wrote a song for all those nicelittle Jewish kids who dont get to hear any Hanukkah songs--here wego...

Put on youryalmulka,here comes Hanukkah
Its so much fun-akkah to celebrate Hanukkah,

Hanukkah is the Festival ofLights,
Instead of one day ofpresents, we haveeightcrazynights.

When you feel like the only kid in town without a Xmas tree,
Heres a list of people who are Jewish, just like you andme:

David Lee Roth lights the menorrah,
So do James Caan, Kirk Douglas, and the late Dinah Shore-ah
Guess who eats together at the Karnickey Deli,
Bowzer from Sha-na-na, and Arthur Fonzerrelli.
Paul Newmans half Jewish; Goldie Hawns half too,
Put them together--what a fine lookin Jew!

You dont need Deck the Halls or Jingle Bell Rock
Cause you can spin the dreidl with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock--both Jewish!

Put on your yalmulka, its time for Hanukkah,
The owner of the Seattle Supersonic-ahs celebrates Hanukkah.

O.J. Simpson- not a Jew!
But guess who is...Hall of Famer--Rod Carew--(he converted!)
We got Ann Landers and her sister Dear Abby,
Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish--not too shabby!
Some people think that Ebeneezer Scrooge is,
Well, hes not, but guess who is: All three stooges.
So many Jews are in show biz--
Tom Cruise isn't,but I heard his agent is.

Tell your friend Veronica, its time you celebrate Hanukkah
I hope I get a harmonica, on this lovely, lovely Hanukkah.

So drink your gin-and-tonic-ah, and smoke your marajuanic-ah,
If you really, really wanna-kah, Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Hanukkah.

LOL!!!!

I love that song too, Carolyn. Hahahhahahaha. I was actually watchingthat episode of SNL (back when it was still good in my opinion) when hesang it.

Latest posts

Back