O/T Bunny Ramblings Cause I'm Stressed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheetos mom

Reaction score
As I posted before, I suspect that I have a verysick rat, who I suspect may not make it.... If I don't babble a wee bitI'll hang out over the rats cage just "watching"...

When I first spotted Don Cheeto, I made a real effort to cage himbecause of the large number of stray feral cats lingering in theneighbourhood. I was apprehensive that he would become some critters'midnight snack. Now, I don't think that would have been the case...

Today, one of those stray cats walked the length of our patio wall,while my sitter, Don Cheeto and I sat and had our morning coffee. Thecat and Don Cheeto made eye contact. The next thing I knew, Cheetocharged forward and stood on his hind legs. When it was apparent thatthe cat was gonna make a run for it, Don Cheeto proceeded to make somereally loud thumps with his foot. I would never test my theory, but Isuspect my rabbit would be the victor! Darn, I didn't know my lovin'critter had it in him!!

While I was at the pet store grabbing my rat some Tetracycline, I wentby their bunnies. Talk about a different perspective! I wanted to takeeach and every one of them home!! I now understand what so many of youhave written about before.

We don't have enough room for another bun, but darn.... I'm racking my brain....

There were two albino siblings there. The employee there told me thatthe guy that brought them in was near tears when he dropped them off.They were both in the relaxed "flop pose" until they noticed myinterest. Then, they both strained themselves trying to get out oftheir wooden pens. Oh, if only I had more room.

Then,. there was a real cheeky lookin' white one that looked like hewas half dwarf and half whatever. he seemed to have a bad attitude butsomething about him was real intriguing.....Oh, if only I had more room!

Ramble away !!!!

Some cats can be weary of rabbits. My Mum's dog is afraid of my buns(and he has wolf in him), but he plays with my sisters cat - howstrange is that !!!!

I know what you mean about seeing cute buns in the petshop. Whenever Igo to the one near me to get stuff for my buns, I cannot help but checkwhat they have, and always have a little cuddle (they know my sisterand I quite well).

I live in a small studio apartment, and I have now 4 buns - the latestedition being my sisters. She came for a holiday and I will not giveher back. She is stuck in a hutch allday long, with only her teddy forcomfort. Sometimes my sister forgets about her too, so normally when Igo there, the first thing that I do is to check on her.

Sorry, for my rambling, but once I get started, sometimes theres nostopping me, and I think my family get fed up of hearing about therabbits.

Thanks Zee! Not only do I like the "ramblings", but I NEED 'em right now...!

Its hard to imagine a mixed wolf / dog being afraid of a little ol'bun! What made him like that? Did he ever have a run in with one?

I was amazed at my rabbit this morning. He has the sweetestdisposition. He allows my two and a half year old to harass himroutinely. Then, to see him get all nasty and aggressive with this cat,was a shocker to see!

How funny that your family is tired of your bunny ramblings! I thinkthat my husband is too! Although, he is quite fond of our little bun. Iguess I get rather excited about our little rabbit because I had NOCLUE about how wonderful of a pet they could be. I've said it before,but I thought (before Cheeto arrived at our house) that rabbits had nopersonality and were mindless.... I couldn't have been more wrong!

I hope your rat gets better! I've never had one but they seem so sweet.

You should have seen my hubby yesterday. We ended up going to two petstores and he fell in love with a fuzzy lop at one and a whole litterof tan dutches at the other. I had to exercise some impulse control,even though I'm planning on getting another bun. I want to let Mochapick out her own friend from the humane society when she heals from herspay.

Thanks Naturestee,

Rats are very sweet. Stella, the one that isn't sick, is never reallycaged in. Her cage is always open and she is free to roam. She comeswhen she is called and has never pooped outside of her cage.

I think its cool that you're gonna let your Mocha pick her own sibling. Will the HS let you do that?

Darn, you're right though re: the impulseto grab another bunny. What'sfunny is I have been in these lotsa times, pet the bunnies, but neverthought twice about the rabbits! After finding Don Cheeto I see rabbitsin a whole new light!

Zee wrote:
Sorry, for my rambling, but once I get started, sometimes theres nostopping me, and I think my family get fed up of hearing about therabbits.

Hey Zee!:p Your family and mine! So tired of hearing my rambles about the buns.

Latest posts

Back