O/t bad weekend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
I know this isnt about bunnies but I wanted toshare my weekend with everyone. It was kind of bad but also reminded meof the kind people that there is.. First off saturday i stop and get afountain soda and she gave it to me free cause I am in there alot.

I am at work and on my lunch break i always go to lunch with afriend/coworker and when i went to pay for mine i didnt have mywallet. She offered to pay for mine, just next time i pickhers up.. At first i was just concered about the 40 in cashthat i had lost but then got worried about my bank card and I calledthe gas station and they said that a young kid brought it in tothem. It has my money and my bank card. It meant alot to me that it wasnt stolen.

Then today on the way to taking my mother n law and kids to church mycar's turning signal lights quit working and i am thinking thats notgood, then the radio went out and the check engine light came on and iknew i was having trouble but not even five mins later it just losesall power. My mil and kids left for church, we werent thatfar, and I sitting at the light and some guy offers to help pushme. He helped me get my car to a parking lot. It meant a lotto me. It was kind of him to help.. Then my husband comes and he doesntknow much about cars and i we were going to go home and i relized ilocked my keys in the car. So later my brother n law came tohelp and because my car was in a bad area he wouldnt give up till hegot the keys out. I borrowed my husbands car so i could go towork. They did manage to get the keys but my car is stillthere. The battery had no power, i am hoping that after thebattery is charged I can get my car out of there..

Wish me luck that my car troubles arent too expensive.

Cristy

Dear Cristy,

I certainly do hope and will say a prayer that it's nothing major withyour car, but that aside, it seems to me that you had been touched byso many angels this weekend!

1. The soda fountain
2. Lunch
3. Your bank card was found
4. A stranger helps you get out of harms way when your car breaks down.
5. Your family comes through and you get to work on time, unharmed - even though your car was in a bad neighborhood.

Good things happen to good people. Considering all the 'bullets' youdodged today, sleep well tonight, and whatever you have to deal withtomorrow, you will.

By the way, Buck Jones is reading a book by a woman who is autistic andgraduated with a Ph.D. She says that their minds tend to understand theanimal's more than we can. They're more in tuned to what the animal isthinking and feeling.

It struck me at how your little mon responded to the internet cards.You said, it was the ones with the dogs and the New Years Bear that heenjoyed the most.

You'll have to check it out with Buck. I only spoke to him for a momentabout it as we were both running, but that moment sure was enlighteningand exciting by what this woman's perspective is.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
By the way, Buck Jones is reading a book by a woman who is autistic andgraduated with a Ph.D. She says that their minds tend to understand theanimal's more than we can. They're more in tuned to what the animal isthinking and feeling.
That's Temple Grandin's Thinking in Pictures. Her theory is thatanimals think in pictures, and so do some autistic people (I believeshe referred to Kanner autistics, not Asperger).

I liked it, but not as much as Donna Williams' Nobody Nowhere (eventhough it was a bit chaotic--I was in a chaotic phase myself at thetime).

Anyway, it's cool that auties/aspies are now speaking out anddescribing how they see the world, because it helps parents, spouses,friends, family, etc. understand a bit about how we "tick". So I'drecommend the book!

Rose

It was a rough weekend but lot's of nice peopleso I can't complain. Before Tyler went back to school mybrother n law gave me a ride to my car and put my charged battery inthere and it started right back up. We are thinking its thealernator and he followed me home so i wouldnt need to use my signalsexcept for when a cop was near. well on the way my brother nlaw kept saying my mommy and Tyler would say no my mommy, when mybrother in law was following me tyler kept looking back at him andsaying my mommy. Turns out he was sayingit in his car that i was his mommy. I was prettyshocked. I think between the hand signs and reading his mouthand just knowing my brother n law he carried on a arguement withoutbeing able to hear him. I will have to ask Buckabout the book, some people who work with Tyler don't think he isautistic cause he is too smart and socially isnt a bad kid. Ipersonally just dont know what to think. The proffessionalssay apraxia and since a lot of the therpy's for autism and apraxia areabout the same i don't think about it a lot. As long as he isgetting the services he needs I am happy. Only twomore weeks of school before my little guy will be home allday. Then its off to kindergarten.

Cristy

rabbitgirl wrote:
That's Temple Grandin's Thinking in Pictures. Her theory is that animals think in pictures, and so do some autistic people (I believe she referred to Kanner autistics, not Asperger).

I liked it, but not as much as Donna Williams' Nobody Nowhere (even though it was a bit chaotic--I was in a chaotic phase myself at the time).

Anyway, it's cool that auties/aspies are now speaking out and describing how they see the world, because it helps parents, spouses, friends, family, etc. understand a bit about how we "tick". So I'd recommend the book!

Rose
It is Temple Grandin /Catherine Johnson and the title is Animalsin Translation Using the Mysteries of Austism to Dedcode Animal Behavior. I read Donna Williams' book a couple of years ago and I suspect I would enjoy Thinking in Pictures as well.

I enjoy anything that gives me insight to animal behavior, and if that in turn enables me to understand our own autustic grandson, so much the better.

Buck

Christy, I understand completely. Ialways try and look at the bright side of things. I love that so manypeople were there to help you in your hours of trial.

It's so easy to get caught up in the 'the most people are bad'menatality. It does a heart good to see such kindnees when we leastexpect it. How wonderful.

I hope your car repairs are minimal. Hugs to you for a trying time.

Tina

Buck Jones wrote:

It is Temple Grandin /Catherine Johnson and the title is Animalsin Translation Using the Mysteries of Austism to Dedcode AnimalBehavior. I read Donna Williams' book a couple of yearsago and I suspect I would enjoy Thinking in Pictures aswell.

I enjoy anything that gives me insight to animal behavior, and if thatin turn enables me to understand our own autustic grandson, so much thebetter.

Buck

Thanks Buck--I do vaguely remember another book by Dr. Grandin, nowthat you mention the title! Thinking in Pictures covered much ofthe same ground but was more autobiographical.

I remember Donna Williams' trio of books striking home at a particulartime in my life as I, a 21-yr.-old sorting out my first relationship,finally understood what was "different" about me and they way I saw theworld. It turned my world upside down--but also taught me that"different" isn't necessarily bad. Despite what the other half of thesaid relationship thought. :X:XGood riddance. :p

Rose

Latest posts

Back