O/T: Any New Year's Resolutions to Lose Weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
If so, how much do you want to lose (if you're bold enough to tell ... :)) and how do you plan to accomplish this?

I want to lose 50-75lbs, and I don't have a clueon how to do it because I'm such a picky eater... I dont like fruits orveggies...I dont really like meat neither...

I used to weigh 125lbs about 4 years ago, now I'm 200lbs, I'd like to somehow get back to my younger weight... :(

I'd be happy if I could lose the 20-25 poundsthat I gained when I quit smoking. In the past, I lost 50pounds and kept it off for a while.

I cut calories down to the bare bone (pardon the pun), but eat abalanced, satisfying diet. It's tough though, because Icertainly love to eat :)

I found that the biggest helpful factor was not eating after 4:00 in the afternoon.

Pam

I am trying to drop 20 pounds, from 160 to 140. Iwent through so many life changes last year and a semi-depression andused food as comfort. And by food I mean chips and ice cream.

I bought the Dr. Phil cookbook, but am not going to start until afterthis weekend when my friends from home come up. It'll be too hardstarting a change in diet with company. I know it sounds like a lameexcuse to not start a diet, but there it is.

I think the hardest part about this will be eating breakfast. I alreadydrink a ton of water, so I'm not worried about that, but I almost nevereat breakfast.

Is it ok if I PM some of you for support??

I've been trying to loose weight for a while nowbut just recently restarted my diet. It's been a month and ahalf now and I've only lost 20 lbs. Sorta bummed me out, butI stick with it. I've got really good self control when itcomes to food. It's the everyday exercising that's hard forme.

Good luck to all of you.

And someone please explain to me why "Dr." Phill has weight lossbooks. He is NOT skinny. Can some pleaseexplain. This has been bugging me.

He's not skinny, but he's not fat either. He hassomething like 30 years experience in psychology and human functioning,so I feel he knows what he's about. I watch his show and have reallylearned a lot from it, by making me think about myself and my ownissues, and how to deal with them and make positive changes in my life.

I don't really like "diets" persay, such as South Beach or stuff likethat. I guess I am doing his "diet" because it's not really a diet, itjust teaches you to eat properly and in regular portions. Plus, hemakes you look at the whys, such as with me, I tend to binge eat, afternot eating all day or something. The cookbook has a lot of tastysounding recipes, some of them which are just variations of foods Ialready prepare.

Obviously everyone is different and go about things in their own way.This is just my particular choice of how to lose weight and teachmyself better eating habits.

On another note, congratulations on your 20 pounds, Babydoshia. :)

I am trying to lose 50lbs. I am 5 feet8 inches and weigh in right about 200 lbs (EEEKKSS!!!) I weara size 16 on bottom and an 18 on top, and i guess more than anything Iwould love to fit into a 14 comfortably! This really shouldnot be to hard for me if I could just find the motivation, I haveterrrible eating habits and never exercise, so I would think justwatching what I eat and including exercise as part of my daily routineshould give me a good start! I was thinking of joiningcurves, has anyone here heard of that? and stephanie, I wouldlove it if you Pm'd me for support!! maybe we could do thistogether!
Tracy

Tracy, I'll totally be there to help you! If Icould afford it, I'd join Weight Watchers or something like that. AndI've heard of Curves, my mom used to go to them and she really likedit. Thankfully, we have a gym in our building and I have been workingout in it. I admit though, with the holidays and all the visitors we'vebeen having, I haven't been working out at all.

My sister lost a ton ofweight by going to the gym for an hour every weekday. She also tries tokeep from eating greasy foods and foods that are high incalories.

Lol; I'm 'beating' you all - I need to get 112lbsoff! :(Have tried every diet under the sun, but the problemis, I like my food too much. I don't smoke; don't drink; don'tdo anything 'naughty,' so I often think'Well, what's wrong with a cake....?' Lol - it's a problemthough - my blood pressure is through the roof and I getknackered walking upstairs!

We should have an online competition, if we can be honest about weights and cake consumption! :);)

Stephanie wrote:
Is it ok if I PM some of you for support??

You can feel free to give me a yell :)

This can be our "chub club" thread to report progress, struggles and triumphs!

Pam

I'm not making a commitment to lose weight, perse. I don't have a clue what my weight is, though I know I could standto trim down a little ;)

I'm really going to try to excercise more. I haven't been "right"physically since I contracted Lyme Disease, but I do generally feelbetter and my symptoms lessen when I am more active. The problem isgetting up and doing something on those bad days :? But I am going tomake a concerted effort. . .

Not to mention I get depressed in the winter, and excercise is good for releasing those endorphins :D

I'd like to lose about 30 lbs. I'm more concernedwith my daughter's weight though. she's 10 and weighs 138 lbs....She'sonly 4ft7in tall. She's my lil bookish kid and I love that she loves toread and learn but I have problems getting her out of the house on abike or playing. She'd rather read, or research on the puter. She'smade straight A's since she started school, and theyve tested and herand recommended skipping grades at different points. I decided againstthat, but she does take some classes in higher grades.

She doesnt eat a lot, and she doesget outdoors almost everyday for a short time. she loves taking care of the bunnies with me, andshe's a hard worker. so, I'm leaning toward modifying her diet, andtrying to find something like dance or baseball ect to sign her up for.Anyone else had chubby kids and used any particular methods that workedwell...please let me know. I'm willing to try justaboutanything.

Lanna

Please everyone be careful whendieting. It's addicting and can lead to eatingdisorders. Set a reasonable, healthy number and don't go pastthat number.

Latest posts

Back