O.o

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
Ok..... so Flopsy and Hazel have been in the same cage for months. Flopsy is around 8 mos and Hazel is 6 mos. I've never seen rabbits mate... but today as I watched... Flopsy mounted Hazel and Hazel lifted her butt.... and Flopsy's humping slowed.... and now I';m freaked out. I mean they have been sexed by a great rabbit savvy vet, one of the best in the area. Shouldn't Flopsy's balls have dropped since before now if she were male?

I mean they've humped as domninance before... but it was NEVER like this... it was always like on the face or something to show dominance. THey're getting spayed soon too!!!

Is there ANY chance the vet could have gotten Flopsy's sex wrong at 7/8 mos?? One who has had YEARS of experience?

I'm trying to decide if I should seperate them or not. Flopsy is grooming Hazel intently....

Gahhh..... >.<

You will 100% be able to see *goolies* at this age. Can you try sexing yourself right now?

You would definitly be able to see his testicles if he was a he. They will be oblong sacks on either side of the genitalia.

If you can flip them both over and double check their gender. It can't hurt to check.

Normally with mating, the male will "grunt" and fall off once the deed is done. The act of mating is very draining for them.

--Dawn

Uh... Amy does mean the rabbits.. right?

Sorry, I know it's early, and my mind doesn't work right at this early hour.. but that didn't read right...lol..

undergunfire wrote:
You will 100% be able to see *goolies* at this age. Can you try sexing yourself right now?

lol!!!!!

t.

GoinBackToCali wrote:

Sorry, I know it's early, and my mind doesn't work right at this early hour.. but that didn't read right...lol..

undergunfire wrote:

I thought the same thing at first! :biggrin2:

GoinBackToCali wrote:

undergunfire wrote:

LMAO!!!!!

Yeah you should be able to see them by now if either were a he. Have you considered having them spayed? Its much healthier in the long run and should help with those dominance issues like humping.

Edit- nevermind, Im dumb, I just see you were going to have them spayed soon.

Latest posts

Back