Nutrition and behavior!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliemjkim

Reaction score
I've had a 4 month old not neutered netherland dwarf for a week and up until 2 days ago, he was the sweetest rabbit- licked me nonstop even when my hand was in his cage, hopped up on my lap, and laid down all sprawled out and let me pet him and groom him (even around the eyes were all the junk gets crusty), etc. Now, all he wants to do is bite me and I really know the difference between a nibble and a BITE-CHOMPCHOMP. I don't do anything to illicit the bites ie; I'm just sitting where I always sit when I'm playing with him. I'm also not overbearing as I just sit and let him come to me. His cage is on the floor and I let him out into the living room for almost 7-8 hours a day. He eats unlimited alfalfa pellets, timothy hay, water, and 1 raisin a day when he's being good. However, I have noticed that his poops have gotten a lot bigger (2-3x's bigger) than the poops he's had in the beginning and they're not very dry like they used to be. Sometimes, when I look closely, the poops look almost shiny- shiny, soft, and semi-hard. Another thing he's been doing that he didn't do before is spraying.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Do you guys think that he's going through adolesence and needs to be neutered or AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

I would really appreciate your help because this is breaking my heart!

The aggressive behavior, spraying, and his age means that he is becoming sexually mature.

I'm not sure at which age, but at some point, I would recommend that he be neutered. This way, he won't spray and his behavior should begin to mellow out.

Id give him a month and get em fixed :p
most rabbits can be fixed at 5 months, i mean maybe he can now but some will suggest 5+ months. He's just becoming a big tough man bunny, and his hormones are getting in the way of his heart lol.

Latest posts

Back