Nutriphase...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I think i hacked that word lol anyway isnutriphase good for rabbits..i was thinking of changing my buns food heis over 6 mo now....but i read the back of the package and it said itcontained alfalfa ( in the pellets) and it had lil orangecarrot bits in the packagei thought alfalfa made buns fat???!I know some of our friends give there bun alfalfa in moderation...

Hi Cuddlesmom,

Alfalfa is found in pellet food. Not to worry. Alfalfa can make rabbits fat as it's high in calories and calcium.

I've not heard of Nutriphase, but I'd recommend you get your pellets ata feed store. They tend to have the better stock Look for pellets thathave at least 18% or more of fiber. Check for things like'nutritionally complete', and 12%+ protein. I tend to go more towardsthe 16% protein, but that's a personal choice.

-Carolyn

I've also heard a pellet should have at least 18%fiber. It's good to avoid the types of pellets with the multi-coloredpieces in it. They're sort of the rabbit equivalent of Lucky Charms.They love it, but it's no good. If I remember correctly, alfalfa is ok,but it contains a lot of calcium. Too much calcium isn't good forrabbits, so it falls in the category of a treat in moderation.

Latest posts

Back