Nuetering cost?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toji53

Reaction score
My Netherland Dwarf/New Zealand rabbit finds it necessary leave presents everywhere he goes when I let him out to run, and it just gets worse as he reaches maturity. I want to get him neutered ASAP, hoping it'll help with this problem (as well as for all the other reasons you neuter a rabbit), but have been quoted anywhere from $150-225 for the procedure. Is this normal? Tonight I've read a few cases where it was less than $100. Should I just keep looking? I don't want to overpay but I also don't want to spend a bunch of extra money if it's really not necessary.

I wish I could help, but costs over here would differ greatly to your area of the world.

Good luck and I hope someone closer to you can come on with some more information :).

I would call around. You want to find someone good with bunnies, but 150 seems like quite a lot to me! Mine was $65 for neuters.

Another good tip is to call your local shelters or the Ohio HRS to see if they know anyone who does it cheaper (some shelters also have spay/neuters at discounted prices).

I have an adult male and i dont mind his droppings and him humping my leg.He doesnt have a companion.How important is it to have him neutered?I meani would be scared if someone wanted to tamper with my "equipment" so i feel i shouldnt bother his unless it can cause him harm in the future.I know the females are different because they get ovarian cancer.

Ithink there are health benefits for males as well. I can tell you, Ive had three boys neutered and I am so happy I did. Not only did their litter box habits improve, but their overall demeanor changed for the better.

Let me look around for health benefits for boys...

Okay, I was wrong. I cant find anything about hormone related cancer or otherwise for males. But it really is a better life for them post-neuter. They are a lot less sexually frustrated :)

Latest posts

Back