Nudging, Licking & Teeth Grazing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriamarina

Reaction score
My 9 week old holland lop Winston is doing this behavior towards me it's so cute, it's not actually biting me but it's like barley nipping at me and licking.. is this a sign of bonding or perhaps it smelled hay on my hand etc?

If it's just like a little nibble in between the licking, then it's just a normal part of grooming behavior.

JBun wrote:
If it's just like a little nibble in between the licking, then it's just a normal part of grooming behavior.

Yes that's exactly when it happens :) awhhh, I love him so much, I am being very patient and trying to bond with him at his level! <3

Sounds like grooming as Jenny said. When rabbits groom each other they sometimes bite or nip. However, it is important to teach little Winston that his human slave has no fur so nipping can hurt!

I would discourage the biting now before it gets worse. I would gently push his head to the ground (what moms do to baby kits to teach them) or you can eeek to let him know it hurts.

agnesthelion wrote:
Sounds like grooming as Jenny said. When rabbits groom each other they sometimes bite or nip. However, it is important to teach little Winston that his human slave has no fur so nipping can hurt!

I would discourage the biting now before it gets worse. I would gently push his head to the ground (what moms do to baby kits to teach them) or you can eeek to let him know it hurts.

Okay thank-you so much for the advice, I didn't know that :)

:yeahthat: We don't let them get away with nipping or biting--very bad thing for them to learn. Treat them like an alpha bunny would and they'll stop it quickly.Also, re-inforce the good behaviors.

Some rabbits are just stuborn and the the pushing their head down does not work with mine.

Latest posts

Back