Nu-Stock?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackalope

Reaction score
Anyone use Nu-Stock?

Sasquatch has fur mites (currently being treated with ivermectin) but managed to scratch his nose. I got some Nu-Stock, but thought I would ask around first. The people at the shop swore by it, but.....it doesn't hurt to ask here too. :)

*I did a forum search, for old posts but could not find anything.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use it. It has pine oil in it, which isn't good for rabbits to be breathing in. Plus it can cause eye irritation if it happened to get into your rabbits eyes.

If it is just a light scratch that doesn't look like it is inflamed or irritated, I would personally just leave it alone. Anything you try and put on it will likely just get groomed off immediately anyways. If it isn't a deep cut that needs vet attention and you feel you need to put something on there, plain Neosporin ointment(no added pain relief or other additives) is considered safe to use on rabbits. You don't want to use very much, just a very light layer. You don't want a lot on there.

If the scratch looks like it is getting infected, take your bun to the vet, as antibiotics may be needed.

Shoot! I just put it on this morning. Seems ok, but I'll hold off on another application. He goes to the vet this Sunday anyway. Thanks for the response, though. :)

I know a number of people who use vetericyn for cuts, scratches etc. it isn't cheap but I haven't found anyone who doesn't like it. I've seen it in feed stores and Tractor Supply.

Thanks majorv!

Our Farm and Feed Supply store is really reasonable out here. I'll check it out. They probably have it...that's where I get their other stuff, including the Nu-Stock.

Take care.

Back