Now What?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchbrothers

Reaction score
It is now for sure I'll be the permanent caretaker for my daughter's 2 bunnies in the Willamette valley in OR. Winters cool and wet and Summers warm and dry. I cannot have them in my home so they will be outside with enough human contract. They are sweet and sociable for the Dutch standards.
They live OK in our chicken coop, protected from weather and predators.
but I like it to be more comfortable for my old bones so I don't have to crawl in small spaces any more.
So I need ideas to keep me and the bunnies comfy for the next ten years and maybe more if I decide to get more after these guys are old.
We live in a forested area. Thanks!
If there is anyone here on the forum in this area who can provide them with a good, safe home,( it has to be an upgrade from this one) please let me know. They are two neutered Dutch Brothers .

Try posting an ad on Craigslist. Also, try going to the fairs and talking to the people showing there to let them know that you have a couple pet Dutch you're trying to find homes for.

Try getting hutches that are two stories high. They are super safe and the buns can go down into a run below so they have play room. It will save you hurting your back and having tobend down to a low hutch.

Hope this helps :bunnydance:

WhatTheRAWR wrote:
Try getting hutches that are two stories high. They are super safe and the buns can go down into a run below so they have play room. It will save you hurting your back and having tobend down to a low hutch.

Hope this helps :bunnydance:
Yes, that is a good idea. I am going to look for one. Thanks! This will make it more enjoyable too. They are worth it.

Just a thought. Can you not bring them inside to live? If you are in such a forested area, i would be very afraid of predators breaking into the chicken coup.

Having indoor bunnies is so enjoyable, you can interact with them so much. Mine bring me so much joy because they are always around.

Susan:):)

We have coursing sight hounds so indoors is not an option. Their outdoors enclosure is chain link and they are in their hutch at night. I have had them for over a year and never had a problem.
I am staying away from CL to avoid hoarders or another re-homing ahead for them or worse.

Latest posts

Back