Now What?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
.................:(

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it deals with mainly just me, so....yeah. (By all means, though, move it if it's in the wrong place)

Like the title says....'Now what?'.. .
I keep checking RO for posts and topics and always loop back to the realization....Butter was my only baby. I have no rabbit, now. Not only is this painful, but it kind of....disables me from participating in a loooot of things, here... and this is one of my favourite sites :(
It always seems like there's so much to do and talk about here, but I never really realized that almost all of it has to do with actually....currently....having a rabbit :? (Except this section, here, really.)
If I were a more knowledgeable person, I could stick with answering questions about rabbit health and such (Because there are many questions like that), but I can't even really do that.
I noticed just how much Butter defined me as a person on this forum (I'm only memorable because of him, he was in my signature, he IS my screen-name, his blog was only in his perspective, never mine....) So now that he's gone.... :(

So maybe this post is just to kinda...announce that I'm going to just be lurking, for a while.
Until December, at least...
I'll be sure to tell you all everything about the new bunny, when it comes to that. I'll be back for sure at that time :) But it won't come to that for a while.

~Diana

Diana, I know how you feel about being bunnyless and posting here. When I first came here, I didn't have a bunny yet and wasn't planning on getting one until May at the soonest. All that changed in about 12 hours though and we brought Rory home. But I know how you feel about posting when you don't have a living bunny to talk about and your baby bun is gone. You could still post here on this forum so we could get to know you better and in posts like "Weird things your bunny eats" you could talk about Butterfinger. It would be sad to see you stop posting, but if you do, we look forward to hearing about your new bunny in December! How is Miss Mochi doing? I dreamed that I had a bunny like Butterfinger and his name was Reese, like the candy.

I think you can still contribute a lot to thepeople of the forum, both relating to rabbits or just as individuals.

Please stick around!

I do a lot of online research and don't always post a lot of questions but I love reading through the threads and getting to "know" the members and their rabbits.

Diana,

PLEASE stick around.... you have more experience than lots of other people and your perspective would be very welcome... You can comfort and console, you can advise new bunny owners... you've been through it and that experience is valuable. Butter was so very special, and you can take what you learned with him and share it. (And you learned a lot! Rabbits have a way of teaching us!) :big kiss:

Nothing is better than talking to someone who's "been there... done that"... You can lurk... we all do that once in a while... but don't hesitate to jump in and adviseand console. Most of usknow how tough a time you're having. But we are here for each other... (and I don't see anywhere on the Forum that says you HAVE to HAVE a bunny... just love them!)

Diana, this forum is about the people just as much as the bunnies. We're all united by our love of rabbits - you still love rabbits, so you're still a much wanted member. Bunnies bring us together, but we can form bonds on here that go way beyond that. :D

You can still share stories of Butter - I still often talk about Pebble and Berri. You can still give your advice, you can still follow Bunny Blogs, console people when they lose their loved ones and welcome new members here. :)

I know it's hard to post when you lose them, it's happened to me twice now :(, but I know I still want you to be here, and I'm sure I'm not alone. :groupparty:

:hugsquish:

I see where you are coming from - but I'd like to point out that you can also encourage others as you read their blogs or something.

In other words - just because the forum lost your baby (along with you) - doesn't mean we have to lose you too - does it?

Peg

Just so you know - we might know you as "butterfinger" because that's your forum name, but we talk to YOU and we have gotten to know YOU, so change your blog to be from your perspective and keep writing, we don't want to lose you too.

Just being around, you can give advice (maybe more than you think!), share your experiences, and learn from what other people are posting. We have no restrictions on owning a rabbit to be a part of our rabbit loving family - and you're already a part, so no leaving!

Diana, please don't stop chatting with us while you wait to get a new baby.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I find that I enjoy the company of fellow bunny lovers if only online than the people here in person that don't understand. I truly think that we are a certain breed among humans that we actually have a huge heart for them. We understand each other due to this common ground and that's a big plus for friends.

My real life friends - some don't even like animals!!! :shock:Which really is difficult for me considering they are a huge part of my life.... and my children's lives. (As my daughter sits here watching Watership Down LOL)

Anyhow, I can ramble about this all day if I dont' stop myself.

My point is - you are our friend and while you don't have a bunny right now, it doesn't make you less a friend. :hug:

:dueldont leave!!!!!!!!!!!:cry4: everyone is right you can offer alot of help to new people or to anyone going through anything that you went through with Butter. I can only sympathise with what your are going throug, and understand what you are staying, but no one here wants to loose you.

Hi Sweetie :)

Just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel...

I know I have more buns where Drew came from, so that's not what I mean...BUT...

This site has always been a place of great comfort and support when I've gone through rough times...but was the place that caused me the most pain to come to just after I'd lost my baby...so it threw me for a tizzy.

I couldn't figure out where to go when the one place I loved going caused me more pain...

I say that to say this: just take things one day at a time. If you feel you need a bit of a break, that's completely understandable. BUT...I kept coming on..just to read Drew's Rainbow Bridge thread...and I tried a little more each day to read other things, and gradually started to feel like I could handle posting again.

I know what you mean about feeling like you're not sure what you wanna do...but know that through all this, we are here for you, and we will help you as much as you can possibly need help. Most of us know what you're going through...though grief has many different faces, and many different results, most of us know what it's like to lose a lovebun...and are here for you to talk to...just talk...

I know that it was a GREAT help to have friends from here to talk to about my loss...just sitting and talking about how I felt helped.

If you'd like to have a friend to talk to, you can feel absolutely free to email or IM me, ok? My email (which is also in my profile here) is [email protected]. So, if you have MSN Messenger, you can sign on in, and add me, and I'm here for ya. I'm signed in all the time (though I'll be on busy status for this or that, but if you dropped me a line, I would come on over...no worries), so feel free to say hello!

:hug: Hugs,

Rosie*

Oh Diana, this must be so hard for you :(. I can't say I know how you feel, beause that wouldn't be true.

I can say however that to me, it's the people behind the bunnies here that make it so special.

The friends I've made off here, I've ended up knowing so much more about them then just about their rabbits. You are still a person, you are still you. We like you regardless of whether you have a rabbit with you or not! I guess it's like getting a divorce maybe, for so long you are a Mr and Mrs someone then you're single and it feels weird.

I have felt a bit strange about being here lately myself, a bit disjointed. We lost 3 rabbits and cat this year and it felt funny. Almost like the sparkle had left from being on here.

I understand if you just want to lurk. I spend most of my time lurking here too. For some reason it still feels strange talking about my remaining rabbits and I'm not sure how long that will last, but I think it will pass eventually.

:hug: Thank you all so much.....

I'll do my best to post when I can in the topics. But I don't really want to talk about Butter just yet....if you understand. It's still been so hard :? I didn't go to classes today... (Thankfully, I've only missed two days, and different classes for each one, so I'm not too far behind, but it's just been so overwhelming to deal with college and loss at the same time)
You've all really made a difference in how I'm dealing with all this... My friends...they know that I'm sad, buta lot of them just feel bad for me because I'm sad, not because I lost my son. Most expect me to be perfectly fine, now. (Perhaps because they're usedto seeing me be sohappy-go-lucky most of the time)
I even talked to one of them about it (Nearly in tears) and howit was difficult to explain topeople that I'd lost my rabbit, but that he wasn't 'just a rabbit'... and her response waspretty much 'Yeah, life goes on'.
As for how Mochi's doing...she's alright. I've been watching her as much as I can, but she hasn't seemed to show any symptoms of being ill, except the occasional sneeze. (This mightjust be because she stuffs her head in her bedding, too)

New-rabbit-wise, I finally got a reply from the breeder I contacted a little while ago (My email hadgonein his junk mail, and I PMed him on the forum to see if he got it, and he found it then) . He said thatthere'll be another breeder coming tobuy a lot of his animals, but to email him a week or two before I'm coming up, so he can tell me if he has any available for me. So I'll be crossing my fingers for that.
Also, rememberin my blog, how I'd been considering getting a friend for Butter, and there was a little tricolorlop(Probably a Holland) named Smudge I was interested in?Back when I said that, I'd emailed the lady fostering him because I was interested, butshe never got back to me. Until today. She said he was still available, and to fill out the forms and questionaire and such, but I had to reply back and say that I was sorry, but Icouldn't now, becauseButter just died, and Smudge lookedway too similar to him for me.Erg. I -did- wanthim way back then, too, but now.... I feel so cold-hearted for turning him down just because of that....the lady seemed so excited too... But I don't want to adopt him just becauseof that feeling, you know? I really -don't- actually want a rabbit like Butteragain, and it would just be too much for me. *Sigh*

But anyway.
Thank you all for replying.... I never really knew how much you guys wanted me here :hug: I'll try my best to post what I can.

Much luvs to you all,

~Diana

That friend of yours is exactly what I am talking about. She may be a great friend but when it comes to the bunnies - she doesn't have a clue.

We do, and we understand the heartache and why it's hard to talk about it right now.

OF COURSE we want you here!

Butterfinger wrote:
I'll do my best to post when I can in the topics. But I don't really want to talk about Butter just yet....if you understand.
I even talked to one of them about it (Nearly in tears) and howit was difficult to explain topeople that I'd lost my rabbit, but that he wasn't 'just a rabbit'... and her response waspretty much 'Yeah, life goes on'.
As for how Mochi's doing...she's alright. I've been watching her as much as I can, but she hasn't seemed to show any symptoms of being ill, except the occasional sneeze. (This mightjust be because she stuffs her head in her bedding, too)
Erg. I -did- wanthim way back then, too, but now.... I feel so cold-hearted for turning him down just because of that....the lady seemed so excited too... But I don't want to adopt him just becauseof that feeling, you know? I really -don't- actually want a rabbit like Butteragain, and it would just be too much for me. *Sigh*
But anyway.
Thank you all for replying.... I never really knew how much you guys wanted me hereI'll try my best to post what I can.

Much luvs to you all,

~Diana

I know how you feel (not wanting to talk about Butter) When Bud died it was son painful. I know that it would hvae been allot harder on me if Teacup and Kali weren't there. I still am having trouble beliveing he's dead. I never meet him, but he meant allot to me, he was such a little cutie.

I only have one friend that I can really talk to about my rabbits. She a farmer, so she gets animals. She's not quite as attached to them as me; but she gets what i'm saying. The rest just go, oh no how sad, which is saying, I feel sorry for you because your sad, not becasue of what happened.

Don't feel bad about turning down this bunny. I get what your saying. But I think that if the breeder doesn't work out, you ought to try that rabbit again. Two rabbits can look that same, but their attiude is what makes them different.

-TK :hug:

I lost rabbits and I now know that only those people who own bunnies truly understand it. MrBinky is pretty good about it though thankfully. I know what it feels like to explain it to someone and then get such a crappy response in return.

Don't feel bad about Smudge. It's not your fault and it's still all so fresh. I sure am glad that you still want to love another rabbit. I find it a way to honour those that have passed. So many bunnies need some love and attention.

I'm sorry about your boy. Know that we do understand you andthough he wasn't ours, he was very much loved by us as well. :hug:

Regarding Smudge:

I know how you feel. When I decided to get Harley (another lionhead from Peg), she'd also sent me pics of a buck that was a broken tort like Drew, and I had such a hard time looking at his pictures...caused an actual pain in my heart to see them. Heck, it hurts to see pictures of other buns on the forum, just because they bear a resemblance.

So, yeah, I think it would just be too painful for you to get Smudge at this point. I know I couldn't get a bun that looked like Drew.

Don't worry...he'll be just fine, and who knows...maybe there's someone out there looking for a bun that looks JUST like him, and they'll happen to adopt him. :)

So, don't feel bad...it would be bad for you to adopt him, feeling the way you do...because he would come home to a place where Mama would cry when she looked at him...not that you can help it...it's COMPLETELY understandable. :)

So...you're doing the right thing, Hun.

Have you seen Harley (the newest bun)? He's basically completely opposite from Drew in appearance...

Love to you, Sweetie...and remember that I'm here for you to chat with if ya need me...:)

Hugs,

Rosie*

Thanks guys :group:
I love you too!

I'm glad you understand about Smudge :?I was just so unsure and felt so bad about him...

Rosie:
Yes, I saw Harley. The darling little harlequin Lionhead with a notched ear?
I wanted to say something, too, but I was so busy when I saw the thread....
So I guess I'll say it now:
Congratulations!
I know bunnies have a way of helping you heal...it's happened to me, and I know it happens with other people too :)

Thanks again, everyone :groupparty: You really are my second family, full of bunnies and wonderful people :bunnydance:

~Diana

Latest posts

Back