Now Jackie Isn't Feeling Well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Our sweet little Jackie isn't feeling well. She didn't take her Papaya tablet at dinner, hasn't eaten any veggies for dinner.

We gave her 3 doses of Ovol (simethicone) over 3 hours, gave her lots of tummy rubbies, got her to move around some what.

How often can you give the Ovol? Also should I (Chris) force feed her Critical Care?

Thanks

Susan:(

Oh No! I've just seen about Buttercup, and now this :(

Not sure how much Ovol you can give, so hopefully someone else can help there. Is she pooping at all? If she hasn't eaten anything for a few hours, then I would try and give her some Critical Care - can't do any harm.

Jan

I've had very good results with NutriCal for cats/dogs. Very good to keep on hand for emergencies.

Pam

You can give Jackie a fourth dose, but then no more for about eight hours.

You do have to make sure the doses are big enough. I've started using adult tablets, I didn't find the baby drops as effective. How much have you been giving her? How much does she weigh? At least a couple of dropperfulls for the last dose might be a good idea.

I agree with Pam that NutriCal is a better bet at this stage than Critical Care. I tried smooshing some on Pipp's paw once, but instead of licking it off, she washed her face! :p I now suck a glob into a feeding syringe, or try and mix it with pumpkin, and stick it in the mouth.

Hope she's feeling better soon. (And I hope Buttercup's mass isn't an issue).

sas :pray:

I will keep her in my thoughts. :)

We gave her 1cc every hour for 3 hours. She's about 6 pounds.

I'm still not sure about how Nutri Cal to give and how often to give it.

Thanks

Susan

I would just give her a pea-sized amount of Nutrical for now. You could probably give her more in a few hours.

How is she doing now? Is she acting any better?

She's still not feeling well. We gave he another dose of Critical Care. Were giving her tummy rubbies and trying to get he to move around. Poor Wilbur doesn't know what to do.

Should we try pumpkin and to syringe some water into her?

Thanks

Susan

Well Jackie seems to have recoverd. I noticed that she was getting quite cold so we used the warm sock with the rice in it. That really helped to bring her body temperature up.

Chris held her for hours giving her tummy rubbies.

We thought of bringing her to a vet but none of them were Rabbit Savvy.

She's eating at the moment and chasing poor Wilbur away from the food.

Thanks for ally your prayers.

Susan:)

Thank goodness for some good news.

Sounds like she had some gas, which has hopefully passed. It's good that she's eating - I bet Wilbur doesn't even mind being chased from the food so long as his lady love is feeling better. Is she pooping at all?

Jan

Latest posts

Back