Now It's Wilbur Who's Not Feeling Well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Good God now Wilbur flunked the treat test and he never refuses a papaya tablet. I gave him some Ovol, and he is sitting on my lap with the electric tooth brush on his tummy.

I have another long night ahead of me.

Susan:(

Oh geeze! Are they eating anything that the other bunnies arent eating? Different hay or pellets or anything?

Id put the two of them in a basket on the dryer for a while- break up those gas bubbles.

Is there anything different in their room that they could be chewing on? Could something be wrong with their water bowl/crock (if they have one)? Is there anything they eat that the others don't eat (or vice versa)?

Have you looked through the new bag of food - does it look ok?

Peg

Remember some posts I made about mycotoxins and my concerns we are going to start seeing gut issues? If all these GI issues came on this round of food/hay.....it would get the deep six. When you have multiple rabbits with concurrent GI issues....look for the common denominator. I am very fearful we are just starting to see the tip of the iceburg and problems are looming. Problem with mycotoxins are that they so closely mimic stasis in the infancy stage. Most vets have never seen a case of mycotoxin poisoning and most likely won't respond appropriately. I hope people don't think I am "crying wolf" because we have been there before and the signs of problems are all over.

Randy

Hey Peg, they have a water bowl that I change at least twice a day. All the bunnies eat the same thing. I don't think they have chewed on anything they shouldn't have.

Susan:?

This sounds to me more like just gas rather than any type of food/hay/water problem. Lots of bunnies are molting right now and I feel like a little extra hair may be causing these GI/gas issues?

It doesnt make sense for it to be anything food related since Jackie got better after treating her for gas. And also the other 4 bunnies are all doing fine, right?

Id say just treat Wilbur just like you did Jackie, simethicone, tummy rubs, fluids and lots of hay.

I'll be praying he pulls through just as quickly! Hes in good hands ;)

Oh gosh Susan...i'm sorry to hear that your babies aren't well

I will be thinking about you guys

:hug:

Cheryl

Hugs to you guys...and hopes for him to feel better soon!

:hug:

Well Wilbur seems to be back to himself. He's eating hay and his greens.

Both him and Jackie are really molting bad, time for Chris to use the furminator on them.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers, they helped.

Susan:)

Jackie's back to her normal self. Gosh I can't take another sick bunny. Why does this always happen when Chris is working?

They are both cuddling each other right now.:)

Susan:apollo:

I'm glad they're doing better. I've been trying to keep an eye on the threads. I hate when their molts get so bad they get sickly! it's bad this year!

So happy Jackie's okay...

C'mon Wilbur...stop worryin' Mama!!

Hugs to you guys!

Rosie*

I'm glad that it was just a gas attack!

I truly undestand the anxiety of having 2 sick at once because I have it going on right now too. Makes a woman crazy. :D

Hope that you get some sleep tonight

I'm happy to hear that they are both doing better now :)

Sending lots of 'keep well' vibes to your little guys

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back