nothing's worse than heartache....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Sometimes I think that there is nothing worse than a break up or heartache. Actually, I know there are worse things out there and I know that there are people who are going through more terrible things than I am...but sometimes it helps to write it all out, and get advice from others who have had similar experiences or those who are older and can tell me that IT'LL GET BETTER!!!!!!!

ahh so I've been dating a guy for 2.5 years. I'm 21yrs old, so this was a pretty serious relationship. We broke up last year around this time for about 2 months because we were fighting and just not getting along. I had a hard time w/ it then but then in december of last year he decided that he wanted to get back together and I took him back like the sucker I am.

So things have been great, but lately we've (well MYSELF) have been discussing the future, which I think is only reasonable we are seniors in college, and we both plan to go to grad school, so why not figure things out? Well we had one little fight and that all blew up everything and he ended up breaking up w/ me on Friday. I've actually been pretty good about everything, I haven't been the annoying girlfriend who keeps trying to work it out. I told him how I feel and that I'm willing to try and work things out and I told him I just wanted some time of security or committment that he wasn't going to just break up w/ me in May when we graduate (I'm staying around the Midwest he wants to go to the West Coast).

ANYWAYS he basically said it's not working and he can't give me that type of committment. Which ok I'm glad he's done it now, and I need to realize there is someone better out thhere for me, but in the same sense it just makes me angry that someone you thought could be in your future doesn't feel the same. And it's like he makes the call once again, and broke up w/ me and won't try and work things out. he just says that he thinks it's better for both of us.

Well that's my story, basically it's just hard to get over the fact of not being w/ that person anymore and having someone you are comfortable w/. It's getting used to being single again, and trying to realize that there is someone better for me.

I had a high school sweetheart you know your "first love" but for some reason this one hurts 10043498x worse. BUT I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and if we are meant to be, it'll find a way.

So thanks for reading haha. It feels good to get it out, and to listen to other people's opinions or stories. Just having support from as many ppl as possible.

Layla has been very patient w/ me too :eek:) she listens to me cry about it and talk about it to her haha, she's also been patient w/ me not being as enthusiastic in playing w/ her...i love pets they are always there giving love

oooh poor you.....it's hard when this happens. As you said tho it's not unreasonable for you to discuss the future and if he wasn't ready now when would he be?

Be kind to yourself (eat well don't drink too much LOL!) and in no time at all you will have fond memories and will be able to move on.*sigh* easier said than done,if you need a friend right now this is the place to be!

Thinking of you

Sarah x

Boys are crap heads.

Did that help at all? lol. I know some-what what you are going through. My fiance and I have been together for 2 years and a few months. He has pulled the "I'm kicking you out of my house", "We are done", thing......many times.

Things have been going great lately, though *knocks on wood*. He just turned 18 and I will be 19 in December, so we are just starting community college in the spring. I also live in the house with his mother as well, which sucks.

Go to a party and find yourself a nice guy :). I have met tons of REAL guys friends that way.

Oh wow, I feel bad for ya. I hope things get better for ya. Don't let him back in your life again cause you both have broken up twice already.

I can not imagine what it is like. My husband is and has been my long true relationship. I had dated one guy only lasted a month cause he cheated on me with his X, yuck so I broke up right there. I do not tollerate cheaters adn that is that. My hub and I both had made a commitment that if we ever cheat on eachother end the relationship no matter what.

He and I both have been together for 7 years on October 20th and married for 5. Don't worry the Mr. Right will come around. I did not have a serious relationship until i was 23 and dated that age too.

thanks guys!!!! just listening to what other ppl say makes it better definitely.

i've been sooo crazy busy w/ this dance show i'm in that i haven't had much time to think about it. he's just making himself more evident as to why he is NOT good for me.

Let's just say actions speak louder than words.

i just hate losing the comfortable feeling, adn the whole dating thing blah, i just really don't like it, i keep saying i wish i could fast-forward to the day i get proposed to lol, then i can just be happy and plan a wedding!

thanks for listening :eek:)

amberelizabeth wrote:
i just hate losing the comfortable feeling, adn the whole dating thing blah, i just really don't like it, i keep saying i wish i could fast-forward to the day i get proposed to lol, then i can just be happy and plan a wedding!

thanks for listening :eek:)
That is EXACTLY how I felt. When you have that comfy, secure, and trusting feeling there for as long as we have...then it goes away....you feel kind of scared and helpless.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back