Nothing short of miraculous - Peanut's tilt is gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I really wish I had a photo to share, but it will have to wait for tomorrow when the camera batteries are charged :?

On Wednesday morning I looked at Peanut and did a double take: instead of her usual one-ear-down/one-ear-up tilted look, both ears were flopped down. It took me almost a full minute to register the fact that her ears were down because her head was completely straight.

I asked the kids to come take a look. "Oh yeah," my sister says, "She was like that last night too." I could smack myself for not noticing, but after a year seeing her with a tilt, it's not really the kind of thing that I look for.

It's been two days now, and I still can't believe my eyes. She does seem to be struggling more than usual with balance as she REadjusts to life with her head on straight ;) The right side (formerly the down side) of her face still looks a little different, and it's possible that the palsy she had never fully went away. Her eyelid on that side is still a bit droopy.

But...wow.

Peanut without a tilt. I'd almost forgotten what that looked like. I'm trying to think of the best way to tell her wonderful vet, Dr. G, about her recovery. Meanwhile I'm thrilled beyond belief.
[align=center]:jumpforjoy:
[/align]

WHAT?!?!?!?! :shock2:Oh my gosh, what amazing news! :woohoo

I just bumped your blog bc I wanted an update, but I never expected this. I am thrilled beyond belief for you, Emily. After everything you went through this must be such a relief.

We've had some really tough losses these last few weeks so we really needed some good news.

What a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day :sunshine:

It would have made my day too, had I not read Emily's PM first thing this morning before falling back asleep ... and then waking up thinking I dreamed it! :biggrin2:

It was such a pleasant dream... but it's way more awesome as reality!

:hugsquish:

(And oddly enough, my own case of headtilt -- well, positional vertigo due to an inner ear ailment-- is feeling much better too!) :pinkbouce:

Nose rubs and right-side-up head patsfor Peanut! :pet:

(What does Rex think?)

sas:hug1

This is amazing!:pinkbouce::pink iris:

I'm so happy for you Emily and Peanut, I remember all those pics you posted of that sweetheart:inlove:. I'm so so thrilled! Like, Haley said, we've had a ton of losses this month alone, this is great news.

Keep us posted on how she's doing, and yourself too:thumbup.

That sweet baby girl! I'm so happy she can see the world straight!

:party0002::bunny18:toast::toastingbuns:party::dancingorig::bunnydance::pinkbouce:

Wow, well it's good to have a bit of good news on the board, considering all the rabbits we've lost lately! (I'm depressed about Sprite...)

I'm so glad that the tilt is gone..and you're right. That IS nothing short of miraculous.

What a terrific ray of Hope amongst all the recent pain.

That's really great!

That is so awesome Emily. I was just thinking about Rex and Peanut the other day. You'll have to give us a full update (including pics!) when you have time.

Amazing!! We need some pictures!!!!

:jumpforjoy:

Nadia

OMG!:thud: Yay Peanut! :hug2:This makes me so very happy today! I'll be thinking of Peanut's strength and courage today most definitely! :kiss1:

We need pics! :camera

That is great - Have you thought of vetting to make sure everything is correct with the rabbits spinal allignment?

[align=left]Did somebody ask for a photo? :big wink:[/align]

[align=center]

The most astonishing thing about miracles is that they happen.

- G.K. Chesterton
[/align]

TinysMom wrote:
How long had she had tilt? I can't remember....

Peg
She first showed signs of a tilt (caused by an ear infection)last July, but it was several weeks before it became severe, and she didn't really walk again until September :(

Leaf wrote:
That is great - Have you thought of vetting to make sure everything is correct with the rabbits spinal allignment?

I hadn't, but that's a good idea. They're due for their annual exam anyway :)

Latest posts

Back