Not using the litter box and problems with hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
Ok guys...I need some insight. Gracie has always been a very clean, particular girl. Here recently she has started stockpiling her hay all over her hutch. Kind of like carpet. And now she wont use the litter box. She is peeing and pooping on the hay. I just went to clean her cage for the 3rd time this week and she actually got mad at me. Thumped at me and went after my hand. I continued to clean and vacuum everything out. Now all of the sudden she is interested in the vacuum. She puts her nose right up to the tube on the attachment piece I use to vacuum her poops up. She gets so close to it it almost sucks her nose into it. She doesnt care. Weirdo....is she doing this with the hay because it's winter time? She's an indoor bun, so its not like she's cold...is there any way to stop this. I put her hay rack back in the hutch because of this, but she just pulls it all out of the hay rack and scatters it...

you have *another* animal acting weird? maybe they really are reacting to the fact that you're almost due.

Latest posts

Back