Not sure what to do with Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orions_girl16

Reaction score
I'm so sorry if this is long...I'm getting readyto leave on June 8th for 2 monthes and I'm not sure what to do...Wehavea friend of ourswhois going towatchmy rabbitand our dog till my dad gets backwhich will be June 28th.Today we went overso the animals cando like a "Meet and greet"well when we started talking about what to dowith the rabbit our friend just look so terrified about having to takecare of him and everything..esp. when i told her how big the cagewas..even though he doesnt need much at all.They've never had rabbitsso I can understand that.But the whole time Orion would not move in hislil carrier cuz the environment was just way too loud and too much wasgoing on,and he's usually a very curious guy and likes to know whatsgoing on but he was too scared..She has 2 girls and i think one is like11 or 12 and I know the other daughter is 13.I'm really worried now cuzhe got kinda stressed and the fact that he's gonna have to be throughthat for almost 3 weeks.I want to keep him here at my house where he'sin a safe,CALM,quiet andfamiliar environment..but my momthinks he'll be bored which I know he won't since he's kinda older andhe mainly sleeps alot anyways,even when I let him out to play he hopsaround for like 10-15 min.and he starts resting some.Both his pastowners were military single guys and the guy we got him from said whenhe had to leave for a couple weeks he's fine by himselfhejust had a couple buddies come over and they checked on him a coupledays a week.So I know he'll be fine by himself and we've even gone on afew trips where we left him(he had plenty of food and water)and he wasfine.All our friends would have to do is come over like 1-2 times aweek and check on him and let himget someexercisefor a few minutes and everything else.And I know thatit'll be easier for them,but my mom disagrees with him being here byhimself and she thinks I'm exaggerating about everything I just said onhere, but I'm not cuz I'd think after 2 years I'd know my own rabbitand what he likes and dislikes and what his more comfortable with.Ijust don't feel comfortable leaving him with them cuz the girls werekinda like"aww what a cute bunny!"and they werekinda goinnuts cuz their impression of a rabbit is cute n fuzzy and lets playwith it 24/7 and hold it constantly and I just feel so much morecomfortable and at ease with leaving him at my house where he won't bein such a busy loud environment with ppl wanting to touch himconstantly, my dad even thinks its a good idea to leave him here cuz heknows hes a very low maintenance rabbit cuz he had to take care of himonce too. So does anyone know what I should do? Should I leave him herewhere he's comfortable or take him to our friends house? And if Ishould leave him how could I convince my mom? Anyones input would begreatly appreciated! thanks! Again sorry this is long!
Take care,
micheLLe

If he were mine, I'd prefer to leave him at homeif he was being checked daily. I know how hard it is to findsomeone to take care of the animals. My 14 year son isusually here when I'm out of town for the weekend, so I pay him to takecare of everything : )

Pam

I have to second Pam's response, when I flew outto Japan (even though it was only for 5 days..) I had someone come tomy house instead of moving the girls over there-the stress of a newenvironment (especially in the one youdescribed)faroutweighs the other factors. Have you told your mother in a calmrational way everything you have written on thisforumANDabout the pro's of leaving him in his OWNhome ? I wish you the best of luck-and Orion too.

Cher

OH andthe happy dance the girls gave me when I unlocked the door was priceless!

thank for your replies you guys!Tried talking tomy mom today and she wouldnt have any of that happening.She wouldn'teven let me finish..She still thinks it'd be too much work for them tocome here once a week,which i don't get because we only live10-15 min.away from eachother with heavy traffic its only like 25min.which is only in the late evenings,shes never brought it up to ourfriends at all and i'm sure they wouldn't have a prob.w/doing it esp.ifits just once a week...And then she said "Well what if somethinghappens to him on Tues.and they won't be here till Fri.?" Which I knowfor sure wont happen cuz we have never changed his diet or anything,andits more likely something will happen to him while he's there cuz he'llbe so stressed.Ours friends really don't have a place to put him cuzhis cage is so big,and their always going places all the time so it'dbe just the same as leavin him here. Anyways, thanks again for yourreplies!
Take care,
micheLLe

im going away for 4 days injuly & im already gettingnervous ...ive never evenleft batman overnight! hopefully my friend will be staying here to takecare of the critters...she loves him &i know shedtake good care of him.id rather that they stayed here @home-especially for batman, so he can get out & roam as usual.

Latest posts

Back