Not sure if it's statis or bloat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if Shades has either statis or bloat now.She's a 3 yr old lop.She didn't finish her pellets on Sat so we just assumed it was the heat. (She's an indoor rabbit.) She was drinking water fine. She's was acting fine, eating her treats and coming down the stairs to play. We gave her a dose of simethicone on Sat nite and 2 doses yesterday. She ate Critical Care yesterday via syringe. We didn't really have to force feed her but she wouldn't eat it on a plate. This morning, she didn't want the CC until after we gave her some Pedialyte. Unfortunately the vet won't be in until tomorrow morning. I gave her a dose of benebac this morning. Is it safe to give her some pumpkin and more simethicone today? I've been reading about the bunnies here who has bloat and now I'm getting really concern. We didn't feel any hardness by her ribcage but now I'm afraid to give her belly rub if it is bloat. She's still stretched out and not sitting in the loaf position.

Shades, did her normal duties in her potty. She has been drinking alot of pedialite (from a syringe) and she did eat some pumpkin. But she has not touched her pellets or hay.

Look in the library section for the difference. If it is gas Shade's stomach would be gurgling. If is bloat it would hard as rock. Both are serious but bloat is more serious.

Thanks! I took her to the vet Tue morning. It looked like she was back to her normal self on Monday, just not eating alot except for the CC we were giving her so we thought it was due to the heat. Hubby told me to ease my mind andtake her to get checked out. Thank God I did.

She didn't have statis nor bloat. She had molar spurs which was digging into her cheeks and becoming painful. The vet ended up removing a couple of molars~ poor girl. Apparently the previous vet removed a lower molar and not the upper. They said she will be in pain and sent her home with metacam, buprenex and duopen. She's recovering nicely, even gave me a kiss as soon as we got home! The following morning she came running down the stairs for her playtime. She finally ate a little pellet on her own yesterday. We're still feeding her CC viaa syringe.

Back