Not sick, maybe depressed or old age?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaspersMom

Reaction score
Hi! I adopted a 7 year old neutered buck a few months ago and everything had been going great! He would always run around his pen when we came into the room to let him out and he would binky and eat all his hay and greens and went crazy for pellets. Now this week he's just been flopped sleeping all day not being himself. He was vet checked before we got him for soft stools but when he came home with us his poop was fine.
All i know about his life before us is that he was an owner surrender for not eating, now he's become that way with me. He won't touch his greens or hay and only nibbled his pellets. He's still drinking water but just flops back over all day and won't leave his cage.
I've done belly checks since we got him and there's no swelling or hardness he feels normal. I've noticed he has trouble jumping onto things like his house and he's not much of a climber.
Does anyone have experience with a nearly senior bun? Is he slowing down cause of age? Is he depressed? Please help!

Attachments

• 20181030_213300.jpg
    20181030_213300.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 8
I would suspect there is a health issue going on since this is a change of behavior from normal. It could be a dental issue, at his age he could have arthritis causing him pain, or some other health issue. I would suggest getting him into an experienced rabbit vet immediately so he doesn't also progress into having GI stasis and an intestinal blockage from not eating adequately.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Back