Not really a newbie, but have been gone for a while!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelann

Reaction score
I joined the group back in winter 2011 (ish) I had a bunny named Humphrey and lived in Arizona at the time. Fast forward two years, give or take a few months and I am living back in my home state of Wisconsin. I no longer have Humphrey, we didn't feel that he would safely make the 2000 mile trek back to Wisconsin, and we were staying with my parents who had a strict no bunny policy because of my mothers severe allergies... Let me tell you moving in with your parents after being out of the home for 9 years was hard! He was left in wonderful capable hands though. I am not normally one to re-home a pet, but in this case we thought it was necessary.

Anyways fast forwarding to now! My husband and I adopted PJ last year he is a siamese looking bunny.. I don't actually know his breed. We were told he was a girl at first but after he tried to get with the cat, I saw something that no female bunny should ever have! So a boy! I got him at about 6 months old... he didn't have such a great start to life. He was not very socialized and was a 2 year olds Easter present. After he bit her because she tried to squeeze him to death he was put in a cage for 3 months given food "when she remembered" and was treated pretty poorly in general. They would take his water away if he drank to loudly... (Who does that?). My friend told me about the bunny and took me over to the friends house, where I casually asked about it hoping she would let me take him if I played my cards right. First thing she said was if you want him 20 bucks and hes yours. So I took him home and went and bought him everything he needed, and to the vet the next day. He is still pretty anti-social. He is out every day, but still goes into panic mode when I pet him. But we are working on it. He seems to love my husband more anyways. Which is okay!
521385_10151338991326994_352642745_n.jpg

And then I was bad ( okay not really) and I was surfing around the internet and happened across our newest member of the family, Captain the 9 week old French Lop Bunny. We were all ready planning on adopting another rabbit from the shelter, but they were dragging their feet on if they foster parent was going to adopt the bunny or not. I think we have been going back and forth with them for 5 weeks now, I thought enough was enough. If it has taken this long to decide then they are probably keeping the bun. You know that moment when you assumed that bunnies don't get that big... well I regret to inform you that I made that stupid error. Its okay though, I can't wait to see how big he is going to get! He is super sweet and snuggly. Pretty much the opposite of PJ.

Captain.jpg

Anyways that is everything in a nut shell...

Rach

Welcome back! your bunnies are adorable. I also have a french lop! She is 10 weeks old and I too cannot wait to see how big she gets!

Aw hes cute! Welcome to RO my frenchie was a little on the small side and finally topped out at 11lbs. They are such sweet bunnies :) He was definitely an attraction when I took him to the pet store with me

Hi and welcome back to the forum :) Such lovely looking bunnies you have. I hope PJ continues to warm up to you both :)

Latest posts

Back