Not getting much Exercise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alliscat

Reaction score
Hi so I have a bunny that I have had for about 3weeks that is 2 years old I have noticed that hes not a very active rabbit during the normal times he should be he will come out and use his litter box and eat a lil bit but then go back to being underneath my bed I got him some toys but dosent really play with them unless u put them infront of him I even got him some boxs he can go in and explore is there anything else I can do ?

3 weeks is still not enough time to settle in, just give him time, he will come around. Rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk.

It takes time for bunnies to get used with their new home. Some bunnies need to win your trust until they feel safe to be active around humans instead of hiding.

Just let him take his own time and he will slowly open up. Try to spend time with him :3

Thank you I do spend time with him he is my frist rabbit so I wanna make sure I'm doing everything right

Your bunny can also be on the more calmer side than an active bunny. Just chilling his life and enjoying his time :)

And I also know how you feel, remember when I decided to get a bunny again after not having a bunny for 12 years. Got my first bunny when I was 7 and when he passed away. I wasn’t allowed to have any more pets. Because I didn’t take the responsibility I was supposed to do, I never cleaned my first bunny cage.

So when I jumped into getting my second bunny, I read a lot of things and was extremely worried.

Everything I did as a kid was wrong care when it comes to bunnies. I only knew that bunnies should have unlimited hay, controlled amount of pellets and fresh water everyday. The only points I got correct with bunny care 0.0

The best tips it’s to have patience and bribe your bunny with treats. Let him eat from your hand, it will become a short of bonding time and he can see you in a positive light.

As the person that comes with the yummy food ;)

Last edited:
Can you post some photo of his setup? You could add some shelves or logs perhaps so he would need to jump on or go under when he wants to reach his food or toilet, just place them on his way so he can't avoid them. I had a rescued rabbit, still have him, I thought he was very old he was absolutely helpless couldn't jump on anything I thought he has arthritis or something, I made a shelf for him with a lower step, then removed this step so after a few weeks he learned to do it and with this easy exercise he became more active day by day. Also I agree that some rabbits are more active than others and that 3 weeks is maybe just he's not completely feeling safe in your house especially if he's a free-roam or his area is too roomy and uncovered, maybe he is feeling safe under your bed so you can make a few hides for him or make his official residence under your bed just move his stuff and perhaps playpen closer to it.

He mostly stays in my room because we have hard wood floors and dosent like to be carried

Attachments

• 20191226_221013.jpg
    20191226_221013.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20191226_221010.jpg
    20191226_221010.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191226_221006.jpg
    20191226_221006.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8
Back