Not eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesame376

Reaction score
my bunny is not eating.
he just lies there and does nothing the whole day..i play with him and he bites me and scratches me.
he eats his lettuce but very slowly and not alot of it.
and he is breathing kinda fast.
is this really bad?

May I ask how old you are?
How are you playing with your rabbit?

Rabbits need timothy pellets and hay. Iceberg lettuce upsets bunny tummies a lot.

Please give us more information so we can help you better.

ETA: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40270&forum_id=16
This was your last post, and it seemed similar. Perhaps there are some good answers in it for you.

Hey, I'm inMontreal :)

What are you feeding your bunner? I have a feeling your bunny is having a hard time with his vegetables and he might be getting gas. The biting and scratching might be because he is uncomfortable.

Do you know if he's pee'd and pooped recently? How were the poops? Smaller than normal? Softer?

Are his eyes leaky, nose leaky? Does he make sounds when he's breathing?

If you can get back to us with a bit more information we could help you more. It's really important to make sure that he drinks. You could give him Pedialyte. If he's not drinking on his own, get a syringe and give him some.

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

We do need more info in orderto help him; it does sound like your previous problem.
If he is behaving as you are describing..yes there is something definitely wrong...

How is your bun doing?

Breathing fast for how long? After a romp around or for so reason?

I had a bun that had heart failure who would breathe very fast while in his cage, while just laying down, it was very scary. This is how I noticed something was very wrong. But, he was still eating, so I wonder if this could be something else. Maybe gas? Is his tummy hard or rumbling? You can treat for gas quite easily. There are also other causes to not eat. We can discuss those at a later time of knowing more info on your bun.:( (The things Miss Binky mentioned are also great things to look for.)

Turned out he had heart failure, he was about 6 years old at the time. It was confimed by X-rays and he was put on meds. How old is your bun?

he is breathing really fast while lying down. his poo is normal and he is peeing like normal. the lettuce he eats is not iceberg, its romaine. he is just not eating the pellets and hes scratching and biting a lot.

Personally I'd just take him to a vet and make sure it's not a respiratory infection or anything else. Maybe someone else will have better advice, I hope he feels better soon :)

Breathing fast while lying down scares me, as you know:(. Let's rule out some things.

Definitely see an experienced rabbit savvy vet asap. He will hopefully do testing for upper respitory infection by swab. Keep an eye out for that, or he should tell you what he's going to do.

Keep us posted!

Crystal;)

Latest posts

Back