Not eating cecals?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itoshiixhito

Reaction score
Perhaps Maaya is eating some that I'm just not seeing, but I noticed that she's leaving a few on the bottom of her cage, which she's never done before.

This started a couple of days ago, around the same time my friend's male bun moved in and I got another bunny.

Do you think maybe she's just unhappy that she's having to share my room with 2 other buns?

Typically excess cecals are linked to diet - either too much protein or too much sugar. Has she had extra treats? Any other change in diet?

Sometimes it can be from stress, which could be caused by having other bunnies moving in.

And sometimes it doesn't have a specific cause - one of my buns will sometimes leave cecals for no apparent reason.

itoshiixhito wrote:
Perhaps Maaya is eating some that I'm just not seeing, but I noticed that she's leaving a few on the bottom of her cage, which she's never done before.

This started a couple of days ago, around the same time my friend's male bun moved in and I got another bunny.

Do you think maybe she's just unhappy that she's having to share my room with 2 other buns?
here is a link that will really help http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html sincerely james waller:big wink:

Latest posts

Back