Not eating as much hay as usual

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Tippy is usually a voracious hay-nommer. Like, refill the hay rack three times a day. Today, there is still hay left in it and I've been out all day. Not normal for her.
She's seeming like herself, but any reason why she wouldn't be eating hay like usual?

Is there anything different about the hay? A new bag, different type, different brand, different storage conditions (like maybe you bought a bale and kept half in the garage and half in the house, and now you're feeding the half that was previously kept in the garage)? Otherwise, keep an eye on her output and other feeding behavior to make sure it's not the beginning of stasis.

Nope, same as she's been eating.

I gave her a toilet paper tube toy and stuffed it with Oxbow (that hay is a treat for her), and she nommed it right up, so maybe I'm just being a worrywart bunnymommy.

Ellie has days like that too. Some days she eats hay like crazy, like some days she's always in her hay and other days it doesn't seem like she's eaten any.
I just got her a bag of timothy for a treat hay, since she gets coastal all the time. She has been eating the timothy like crazy because its 'new'. Maybe Tippy just wants the 'new treat' hay. haha.

I think she just filled up on greens. Today, she's back to eating hay like the monster she is. *Dutifully fills up the tray again*
She just likes to make me worry.

Back