not a very happy bun :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexn2kids

Reaction score
hey all i changed thumpers cage last ngiht after i bought him a alitter tray and he wouldnt go back in his cage normaly he has a run around and then will hop back in and be really happy but not last night he wouldnt go near the cage and he dosent liked to be picked up which i tried a few times but he just kicked out and got very up set after 2 and a half hours and tryin to get him back in my dp had a go and picked thumper up he wasent impressed but my partner did get him backin his cage at the end. thumper is doing ok with his litter tray there is a few poo in the cage but not to bad and he has weed in his litter tray which is good :) sometimes i worry that i am the wrong person to be looking after him, i got him off a lady that didnt want him any more and i love him to bits i have had him for 2 months now but am not very experience with rabbits i know the basics and thumper seems healthy and happy till last night when i put the litter tray in and now he is grumpy i gave him some veg to try and make him happy and a few new toys but i dont know. i hate the fact i cant pick him up to put him back in his cage and i have to be tryin to catch him hours its a night mare any advice please tc luv becks xx

I used to have the same problem. Until I started feeding the buns after they're done playing. I put their veggies and pellets in and the bunsgo right back in their cages/pens with no complaint. They all caught on really quickly, and they seem to enjoy the routine.

If this doesn't work for you, then make it a habit to call him and give him a treat to get him back in the cage. Soon he'll be reminding you that it's his bedtime so he can get his treat.

He'll be fine, just a bit of adjusting to do.. I've found rabbits can be VERY sulky..espicially when they aren't overly pleased with something!:rollseyes:

I've found (I have the same problem with Pebbles, who hates to be picked up) is the more you chase and agrivate, the harder it is to deal with the rabbit. I've found if you just follow behind them and guide them it helps.If they try to turn around, shoo them in the direction you want them to go helps.

I usually say time for bed and softly clap my hands while I'm walking behind Pebbles (I read this from a rabbit website) and she got the mssage really fast that these actions meant play time was over, now as soon as she hears me clap my hands and come towards her, she jumps in her cage.

Just a bit of cuddles and some veggies will make a sulky bun happy! :) Your doing a great job! :)

hey hun i did try that i allways put some veggies in his cage when its time to go back in and i show him it is there which he used to be really good at but since changin his cage he wont have any of it :( but i will try again tonight

Latest posts

Back